ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer M2D speakers  (Read 3120 times)

Steve Ferreira

Meyer M2D speakers
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:39:39 PM »

I can't seem to find any dollies on Meyer's website for the M2D's. Do they have them or do they have to be a custom thing?

Thanks

Lou Kohley

Re: Meyer M2D speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:17:03 PM »

I can't seem to find any dollies on Meyer's website for the M2D's. Do they have them or do they have to be a custom thing?

Thanks

These are a custom thing. I called meyer a few years ago about it and they only offered case dimensions.
I thought about modifying the m2d grid that is used for ground stack but never took it beyond an idea.

Good luck.

LOU

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »

Thanks

An AV shop I work with has a dozen M2D.  They put 4 ea. in cage-style carts that largely immobilize the speakers against a padded front.  For the 2 that have the grids attached, the grids land on top of the cage frame with the speakers suspended and strapped against the front.

Great for shipping, but the inside dimensions of the cage are a little tight.  It's very easy to damage a QRP when releasing the tension straps or lifting the stack out of the cart.  Manually removing individual units is similarly a PITA as there is almost no clearance for your hands.  They pack nice in the truck, though...

Lou's right, they're all custom.  You might find some other ideas with a google image search.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Marius Lindaas

• www.prosystemer.no
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »

Thanks

SSE in UK Makes dollys for M2D. Search for SSE Hire and you will find them.
Marius Lindaas
Pro Systemer AS
Norway

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.