ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro 2 with grounding problems..  (Read 1435 times)

Al Rettich

Pro 2 with grounding problems..
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:00:30 pm »

Ran into a act carrying a Pro2 and was excited. Started line check and he was getting buzzes down quite a few lines. In the bottom of the console case was a 1RU UPS. After pushing back Soundcheck for over a hour they decided to turn the UPS off and his desk cleaned up. Anyone else seen this?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Pro 2 with grounding problems..
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:55:10 pm »

Ran into a act carrying a Pro2 and was excited. Started line check and he was getting buzzes down quite a few lines. In the bottom of the console case was a 1RU UPS. After pushing back Soundcheck for over a hour they decided to turn the UPS off and his desk cleaned up. Anyone else seen this?

I can't say I've seen it with a Pro2 (not yet had a Pro2 visit us), but it sounds very much like MOV surge protection that has taken it's lumps.  If you're in contact, suggest a review of the specs to see if the unit incorporates MOVs.

Power strips with MOVs will exhibit the same symptom once the MOVs have been sacrificed to the surges.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Al Rettich

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:50:14 pm »

Tim,
Hey I'm not 100% positive, but it looked so similar to a Tripp Lite 1500 LCD. I have one under my SC48 and have never had any problems, but I'm starting to wonder now?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:50:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.