ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help. Problem with Yorkville LS801P powered sub  (Read 9595 times)

Anthony L. Sims

Help. Problem with Yorkville LS801P powered sub
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »

Saturday night I was using a brand new set of Yorkville LS801P's during sound check.  Everything sounding great, not pushing them hard, no clip, etc.

I noticed 1 of them stopped working.  So after switching it off & on a few times & seeing that it WAS getting a signal but no sound coming out & wondered "maybe a wire came loose".. So I removed the back panel, everything looked good but I ensured everything was pushed on.. put the panel back on, turned it on... It worked again for about 5-6 kick drum hits, then was off again. 

No hum, no buzz, but recognizes a signal.   Pressing the reset button didnt seem to do anything.

So I took them to church last night, took the front grill off, removed speaker (to ensure the cables were hooked up good.. they were)..  still no sound.

Then I pressed & held the reset button in for about 20 seconds.  Still no sound after I released the button.  Then all of a sudden.. about 2min after turning it on.. it starts working.

I kinda beat on the back/side of the cab to see if I could make it turn back off again (if there was a loose connection).. just kept on humming.

Turned it off again.. turned it back on... no sound.   Waited about 2min.. here she goes again.  Stayed on & ran for 30min at low & high volume.

Any ideas?.. is there some kind of protection / reset circuit in these things?   I cant find a single thing in their manual about the reset button & how it works.  I thought maybe there is some kind of shut down timer, but nothing in the manual.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »

Saturday night I was using

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Anthony L. Sims

Re: Help. Problem with Yorkville LS801P powered sub
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »

NO ONE!??

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »

NO ONE!??

New unit?  Why don't you ask Yorkville?

If you're in the USA, call the Niagara Falls office and have them patch you to the Canada office if you don't get some helpful answers.  Yorkville has pretty decent support.

BTW, you don't have to SHOUT just because nobody has answered your question a couple hours after you post was unlocked.  If you want instant response you should be on the phone to Yorkville, on your dime.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:33:20 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Anthony L. Sims

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »

I did.. all they did is tell me to take it to the nearest service center (who will not answer the phone) & is about 2.5hrs away from me...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »

I did.. all they did is tell me to take it to the nearest service center (who will not answer the phone) & is about 2.5hrs away from me...

Talk to your dealer. You say that it is brand new. Yorkville will normally exchange DOA cabinets with no hassle whatsoever if you get your dealer to arrange it.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:17:57 AM »

So what do you expect us to do about it?

It's under warranty, return it.  If you attempt your own repairs you will void the warranty.

As Mr. Pyle suggests, you should contact the dealer you purchased from.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:17:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.