ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple question...  (Read 1484 times)

Al Rettich

Simple question...
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:17:43 pm »

Have a couple of amp racks that I'm going to rewire for a friend. I want to use crimp forks to put the wire on the binding posts. What size should one buy?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Simple question...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:33:27 pm »

1/4" is what I've used in the past, but take time to measure the diamet of the post as some mfgs. use a smaller or larger post. To be honest you'll have as good of a connection if you run the cable through the hole in the post and tighten properly.

If you are intent on using forked connectors on the end of your wire then take the time to SOLDER the wire to the forked lug and use red or black heat shrink as needed, if needed.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:46:29 am »

Have a couple of amp racks that I'm going to rewire for a friend. I want to use crimp forks to put the wire on the binding posts. What size should one buy?
Al,

Either solder the cable like Bob said or use the correct crimp & die tool for the job - you don't want stray wires or intermittent connections.  You could also consider using the ring terminals if you can unscrew the nut off of the binding post, but that's personal preference if you ask me.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:46:29 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.