ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little demo today... CL-5 and CL-1  (Read 23718 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: A little demo today... CL-5 and CL-1
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »

Emperors and apparel moment.

I have neither seen nor heard any real feed back on how these new consoles actually sound in a useful listening environment. AFAIK actual production units will not be available until the summer.  It certainly says a great deal about Yamaha Pro Audio's enviable and well earned reputation that so much hubbub has been generated on the web about these FUTURE products but prototypes do not a product line nor the new PM4000 make.  I am as invested in the current Yamaha line up as the next guy but reading this thread is making me dizzy.

Just sayin'

For those of you who have had hands on the new consoles, what is your overall impression of this console? Worthwhile so far?

I'm heading to NAB tomorrow to spend a day or so farting around on it in the exhibit hall, and need to issue a purchase request as soon as I get back . We are planning, at this point, to buy a CL5 and two RIO3224 stage boxes to replace our PM5D-RH, and send the 5D to the stage as a monitor desk.

Anyone have any reservations about this scenario? And no, we don't have to worry about rider acceptability ;)

Oliver Driver

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »

I have neither seen nor heard any real feed back on how these new consoles actually sound in a useful listening environment. AFAIK actual production units will not be available until the summer.  It certainly says a great deal about Yamaha Pro Audio's enviable and well earned reputation that so much hubbub has been generated on the web about these FUTURE products but prototypes do not a product line nor the new PM4000 make.  I am as invested in the current Yamaha line up as the next guy but reading this thread is making me dizzy.

Just sayin'
The CL5 & Rio3224 are both available at the end of this month.....the CL5's that I have seen have all been production models not prototypes......

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

Just sayin'

The reason Justice needs to cut a Purchase Order is that his PAC's fiscal year is ending soon.  If he likes what he hears he'll spec the new Yamaha.  If he doesn't, he has other consoles in mind.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.