ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help w/ truss and LED bar light set up  (Read 3667 times)

Steve Remos

Need help w/ truss and LED bar light set up
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:58:30 PM »

I am trying to hang several LED bar lights (http://www.blizzardlighting.com/index.php/stormchaser) vertically on my truss. In my diagram the green represents the lights and the red represents what will be an I-Beam or 2 tubes. Can any one suggest how I could go about this? Maybe a DIY project, but I'm not sure where I would get the necessary supplies.  I called global truss and unfortunately but the do not manufacture i beams or tubes for my truss size(F23 mini triangular truss) (1 1/3" (35mm) OUTER DIAMETER TUBING).

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Need help w/ truss and LED bar light set up
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 04:31:27 AM »

I am trying to hang several LED bar lights (http://www.blizzardlighting.com/index.php/stormchaser) vertically on my truss. In my diagram the green represents the lights and the red represents what will be an I-Beam or 2 tubes. Can any one suggest how I could go about this? Maybe a DIY project, but I'm not sure where I would get the necessary supplies.  I called global truss and unfortunately but the do not manufacture i beams or tubes for my truss size(F23 mini triangular truss) (1 1/3" (35mm) OUTER DIAMETER TUBING).

You need cheeseboroughs of the proper size for your truss. then get an aluminum pipe the proper length. Just cheese the pipe to your truss.

Different size cheeseboroughs can be bolted together back-to-back to accommodate the cross pipe diameter.

Alternatively you can use bogen super-clamps. Those will adjust to any size you need.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Remos

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

Great I'll give it a go.  Thanks!!

You need cheeseboroughs of the proper size for your truss. then get an aluminum pipe the proper length. Just cheese the pipe to your truss.

Different size cheeseboroughs can be bolted together back-to-back to accommodate the cross pipe diameter.

Alternatively you can use bogen super-clamps. Those will adjust to any size you need.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.