ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OT some what QSC plate amps  (Read 18923 times)

Douglas R. Allen

OT some what QSC plate amps
« on: April 05, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »

For the do it yourself people QSC has their 700 watt subwoofer plate amps on sale. $210 dollars. Designed for the HPR151/HPR181w subs. I called qsc and was told both models have the same low cut freq.
I picked up 2 for some subs I have.
Might be handy for someone.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

Re: OT some what QSC plate amps
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 04:53:50 PM »

For the do it yourself people QSC has their 700 watt subwoofer plate amps on sale. $210 dollars. Designed for the HPR151/HPR181w subs. I called qsc and was told both models have the same low cut freq.
I picked up 2 for some subs I have.
Might be handy for some here.

http://www.qscparts.com/wp00151600.html

Douglas R. Allen

(Forgot the link)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:59:32 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »

Do you plan on installing the plate amps in QSC boxes or do you have other subs you'll attach them to?

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »

Do you know what the weight of these amps are? Just curious - there's not a lot of specifics up about them from what I've found.

I imagine that they weigh maybe 20 pounds or so being the older Class H designs.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »

Do you plan on installing the plate amps in QSC boxes or do you have other subs you'll attach them to?

I have had some HPR181i subs for some time now. Other than the input gain knob being different (and of course the hpr151w silk screening its the same amp section) I picked up 2 thinking  spares. I may put them in some very simular boxes I have or not. I'll have to see how long they sit. It would be easy to test the amps before installing. Not sure of what eq settings are in them other than the low cut filter and high cut filter. I believe its 40 hz low cut,110 hz high cut. Fixed. I'll look at them with Smaart when they come in.

Still at $210 dollars its a great price for a 700 watt at 8 0hm plate amp.

Douglas R. Allen

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »

Do you know what the weight of these amps are? Just curious - there's not a lot of specifics up about them from what I've found.

I imagine that they weigh maybe 20 pounds or so being the older Class H designs.

That would be a good guess. Not an extreme deal breaker for me. I think mine should arrive next week and I'll put them on the scales.
The speakers in my HPR181i subs are 8 ohms. The amps are rated at 700 watts. I remember when they first came out there was some info on them. I believe they have a bridged amp section in them. I seem to remember it was from the rmx1450 bridged but I'm unsure right now.I doubt they will run 4 0hms. But at $210 for an amp for single 18 subwoofers etc. 700 watts is a good power range for club/weekend bands. The added QSC name is of course a big plus.
Maybe someone from QSC will post as to weight/power ouput and if 4 ohm operation is possible.
Douglas R. Allen

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »

The RMX 1450 weighs more like 40 pounds, so yeah - if you could weigh them that would be great. Anything else you find out about them too if you test them would be handy too :)

I have a couple of home built single 18's (loaded with B&C 18NW100s) that I use for non-critical applications which might be somewhat appropriate (doesn't have to be a perfect match). But I don't want to take what are now 85 pound boxes and make them 125 pound boxes. Their light weight is their biggest advantage right now.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »

The RMX 1450 weighs more like 40 pounds, so yeah - if you could weigh them that would be great. Anything else you find out about them too if you test them would be handy too :)

I have a couple of home built single 18's (loaded with B&C 18NW100s) that I use for non-critical applications which might be somewhat appropriate (doesn't have to be a perfect match). But I don't want to take what are now 85 pound boxes and make them 125 pound boxes. Their light weight is their biggest advantage right now.

I may just pull one out from a hpr181i and check the weight if I get a chance late tonight. Not sure how busy I'll be. Won't have time to smaart one as I'm using them at a gig tonight.
If I don't have a chance I'll report back when the new ones come in.

Douglas R. Allen

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »

I may just pull one out from a hpr181i and check the weight if I get a chance late tonight.

Good heavens I hope you didn't do that! There's no hurry on this at all. If you could possibly weigh your new ones when they arrive that would be helpful though :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.