ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Advice...  (Read 2733 times)

Sam Deringer

Looking for Advice...
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »

Hello, I am looking for a monitor recommendation for a patio install that needs to fill about 1000- 1600 sq ft outdoors. I should also mention that this space in immediately next to a noisy spot on the Colorado River where loud boats and vacationers are passing consistently. I am currently using an Emotiva UPA-2 amp to power a pair of Axiom Algonquins. These however are just not cutting it!

I am looking for a reasonably priced speaker that will hold up to some exposure to the elements while giving me the needed SPL at a respectable sound quality for this environment. Here are a couple of possibilities I have looked at thus far but am still unsure whether or not these will give me the performance I am looking for:

JBL Control 29AV-1
JBL JRX112MI <== Not sure how these would do outdoors

Any advice, tips, recommendations wold be GREATLY appreciated as I have been going around in circle on this decision for months now. I just want to get it right! Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:28:20 PM by sddt »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »

Hello, I am looking for a monitor recommendation for a patio

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Looking for Advice...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »

Take a look at the all weather molded cabinets offered by One Systems.

http://onesystems.com/injection-molded.php
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »

I have an install with around twenty JBL Control 30s driven by a rack of Crown CTs2000 and steered with a BSS Blu100 in an outdoor military simulation and it kick some serious butt.  I'd check those out.
This space for rent

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.