ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any opinions on Turbosound TXD215 cabs?  (Read 9156 times)

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Any opinions on Turbosound TXD215 cabs?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure they were sold exclusively through Guitar Center / Musican’s Friend in the US. 

I guess I and a whole lot of other people could be wrong. 

(Of course you mentioned “Guitar Barn”, unless that’s another way of saying Guitar Center.) 

:)

Hmm.. I wasn't posting that Guitar Center didn't sell them...because I know they did, as I've posted as to this is where I bought the boxes I have/had.

I WAS posting that I didn't believe that they were designed and built exclusively for Guitar Center's sale...that they were another product of their catalog, but for a lower price point.

Which, would be a fit for a Music retailer, especially a large sales chain.....  exclusivity may have happened, but, it was AFTER the boxes were a product.

Notice... that Turbosound didn't stop making the boxes when GC stopped pushing the brand?

Hammer

Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »

Then you are a common troll. Don't you have a bridge to hide under and scare children?
I've seen the "troll" jokes before and I would love to know what it means? Seriously, have no clue..
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 12:01:52 PM »

I've seen the "troll" jokes before and I would love to know what it means? Seriously, have no clue..

It's a mixed metaphor. The name implies the poster is trolling for responses, just trying to stir up an argument, but trolls also live under bridges and eat billy goats gruff.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »

It's a mixed metaphor. The name implies the poster is trolling for responses, just trying to stir up an argument, but trolls also live under bridges and eat billy goats gruff.

Mac

I used to mix songs, now I mix metaphors.  Song mixing was better.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »

Mac
Oh, okay.  Thanks Mac, I kept thinking of those cute little evil plastic mini dolls from the 90's, with the brightly colored long hair...
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Alex Connell

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »

Swerving back on topic as I make my first post in well over a year, maybe two. 

I have a pair of these.  They are nothing spectacular.  I would not go out of my way to purchase them.  However, if a pair is available, they will get the job done. I would expect that on the used market you could find a pair for a pretty reasonable price. If you hit them with significant power, and do not expect miracles, you may be happy with them. 

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »

Oh, okay.  Thanks Mac, I kept thinking of those cute little evil plastic mini dolls from the 90's, with the brightly colored long hair...

Hello,

Those troll dolls have been around for about 50 years. 

Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »

Hello,

Those troll dolls have been around for about 50 years. 

That's it, thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.