ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet Stage Designer 50  (Read 2932 times)

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
Chauvet Stage Designer 50
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »

Been looking at the Stage Designer 50 as a replacement for an old ADJ Stage Setter 8.  I'm looking for a basic controller that can control dimmer packs; which have PAR 56 300 watt floods attached.  Also, to have the ability to control LED wash lights.

I think the SD1 I have can do all this, but would like to keep the control of "intelligent" lighting separate from "traditional" lighting.

Anyone have experience/thoughts on the Designer 50?

Thanks.

duane massey

Re: Chauvet Stage Designer 50
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »

Haven't used this particular controller but it appears to be an upgrade from your Stage Setter 8. If it is typical of this range of products the mechanical parts will be cheap, but no worse than the ADJ Scene Setter. Should be fine with what you have described.

As a side note, if you wish to use the SD1 and the Chauvet you could link them together via MIDI to simplify live operation. You would be limited by the number of scenes that would be linked, and there would be no control over actual functions from one controller to the other, but you might find this useful (or not).
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »

Thanks Duane.  The ADJ unit has been pretty good, but it's old and the sliders are starting to feel "grainy" (though, no noticeable issues with DMX signals to the dimmers).

Looks like the Designer 50 is rather simple to use (what I'm after); don't want anything too complicated during shows. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 25 queries.