ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector recommendations?  (Read 4581 times)

John Penkala

Projector recommendations?
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »

Hello all,
            I am looking for recommendations on for a projector that will fill a small screens up to about 8x8. Most of the shows will be for about 50 to 75 people. Image quality and reliability are the priority for my client. I know there are DLP and LCD projectors and they have different inputs and lumen ratings. Recomendations welcomed.

JP

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Projector recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »

Hello all,
            I am looking for recommendations on for a projector that will fill a small screens up to about 8x8. Most of the shows will be for about 50 to 75 people. Image quality and reliability are the priority for my client. I know there are DLP and LCD projectors and they have different inputs and lumen ratings. Recomendations welcomed.

JP

Hello,

Up to 75 people... you may want to reconsider the screen size and go bigger.

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »

look at projectorcentral.com

Ben Lawrence

• VT AUDIO VISUAL
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »

You did not mention what you are projecting. Video, Power Point, IMAG, Photos etc. What is the source? Projector prices are ridiculously affordable right now for smaller venue stuff. If you are a bit more specific some people on here can probably steer you in the right direction.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »

You did not mention what you are projecting. Video, Power Point, IMAG, Photos etc. What is the source? Projector prices are ridiculously affordable right now for smaller venue stuff. If you are a bit more specific some people on here can probably steer you in the right direction.
Along those lines, anything about the general use and conditions would help.  Along with the content and source factors Ben noted may be factors such as the ambient lighting conditions, are you always able to darken the room or might you have to deal with the lights being up or even outdoors?  In addition, are you thinking front or rear projection and in either case how much room from the screen to the projector is likely to be available?

On the screen or image size, the 8'x8' image you noted is not a standard video image, which might be 8'x6' or 10'-8"x8' (4:3 format) or 8'x4'-6" or 14'-3"x8' (16:9 format) or maybe a  similar 16:10, 15:9 or 5:4 format.

Finally, do you already have a defined budget or are you trying to establish the budget?

John Penkala

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:19:42 AM »

Along those lines, anything about the general use and conditions would help.  Along with the content and source factors Ben noted may be factors such as the ambient lighting conditions, are you always able to darken the room or might you have to deal with the lights being up or even outdoors?  In addition, are you thinking front or rear projection and in either case how much room from the screen to the projector is likely to be available?

On the screen or image size, the 8'x8' image you noted is not a standard video image, which might be 8'x6' or 10'-8"x8' (4:3 format) or 8'x4'-6" or 14'-3"x8' (16:9 format) or maybe a  similar 16:10, 15:9 or 5:4 format.

Finally, do you already have a defined budget or are you trying to establish the budget?

We will be doing mostly powerpoint from a PC and Video coming from a MacBook Pro running PlaybackPro. Most of the time I will be able to control ambient light. The projector will most likely be used with front projection screens. I am trying to establish a budget.

JP

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:19:42 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.