ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL3  (Read 30505 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Yamaha CL3
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »

I never understood everyone’s passion for the M7, poor sound quality, awful sounding EFX’s and many operational limitations

Point point to feature set.  Not every gig demands (or pays for) a super-ultra-high fidelity audiophile sonicness that professionals at the top of the industry prefer to work in. Sometime you just need a bunch of input channels, output channels, and the flexibility to store, recall, and edit the setting quickly and efficiently. And let not forget that Yamaha beat everyone else to the $20,000 digital console market by nearly a decade when you factor in the DM2000. Until recently, Yamaha was the only game in town.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Doug Hammel

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »

I was another one that used them regularly. I confess that I would forget that they were there when I was designing and specing the show, but as soon as the case lid came off I was reminded that I had another powerful "tool" to work with. I remember doing shows where I did not even touch the graphics. I am sure there was a bunch of us "enlightened" that used them all the time. 

That's the workaround, as I mentioned earlier.

Jason Phair

• Marketplace
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »

With the Lake card, you can have output EQ and crossover?

Ashly did that a long time ago!

Karl Bader

• Karl Bader
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

I'm curious as we are a regional sound company and our "large format" digital console is the M7, we are looking to get another large format digital this year to replace the last of our analog beasts (yeah I know we're slow! lol!) but I see mention on the CL consoles about the gain compensation feature, so no need for a snake split and the monitor and FOH guy can coexist happily... Is this feature with Dante or the consoles? If we buy a CL and the Dante Stageboxes, and then a Dante card, can it happen between the M7 and the CL? Or if it's not, just invest in Ethersound cards for the CL and add more SB-168s to our inventory?

Also we heard rumor of a effect or plug in for the Rupert Neve 5045, for these consoles, happening? or just rumor?

Of course all this is speculation as it sounds like no one has had their hands on one yet...

But it's got lots of buttons and knobs so it must be cool!

Thanks,

Karl

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »

I'm curious as we are a regional sound company and our "large format" digital console is the M7, we are looking to get another large format digital this year to replace the last of our analog beasts (yeah I know we're slow! lol!) but I see mention on the CL consoles about the gain compensation feature, so no need for a snake split and the monitor and FOH guy can coexist happily... Is this feature with Dante or the consoles? If we buy a CL and the Dante Stageboxes, and then a Dante card, can it happen between the M7 and the CL? Or if it's not, just invest in Ethersound cards for the CL and add more SB-168s to our inventory?

Also we heard rumor of a effect or plug in for the Rupert Neve 5045, for these consoles, happening? or just rumor?

Of course all this is speculation as it sounds like no one has had their hands on one yet...

But it's got lots of buttons and knobs so it must be cool!

Thanks,

Karl
It's a feature of the stageboxes.

So I would opt for Dante cards in the M7CL
Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

Marcus Thiel

• otonmusic.de
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

"However, probably the most exciting sonic innovation is the introduction of the Premium Rack concept. Developed by Yamaha’s Dr K (Toshi Kunimoto) and his team, the Premium Rack provides a range of extremely high quality, dynamic processors and EQs. Yamaha is particularly proud and pleased to have collaborated closely with Rupert Neve to incorporate the highly acclaimed Portico 5033 EQ and 5043 Compressor as key elements in this new concept. These processors are included as standard in the CL series, eliminating the need for any plug-in management."

http://www.yamahacommercialaudio.com/ca/uk/10_news/40_product/archive/2012_03/21_cl_series/index.html

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

Point point to feature set.  Not every gig demands (or pays for) a super-ultra-high fidelity audiophile sonicness that professionals at the top of the industry prefer to work in. Sometime you just need a bunch of input channels, output channels, and the flexibility to store, recall, and edit the setting quickly and efficiently. And let not forget that Yamaha beat everyone else to the $20,000 digital console market by nearly a decade when you factor in the DM2000. Until recently, Yamaha was the only game in town.

Precisely. And, no layers is a big selling point for HOW.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.