ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiohead Tour  (Read 5836 times)

Brian Larson

Radiohead Tour
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »

I saw Radiohead perform last thursday at the Comcast Center in Mansfield MA. I've been a big fan of the band for years and their performance met all expectations. Truly one of the last great rock bands.

From a production standpoint the show was equally great. Specifically the overhead video screens. They had about 10 HD video screens suspended from cables above the performers that would change height and orientation in between songs. The movement was very smooth and the screens were incredibly bright and crisp.

Shown on these screens were live feeds of the band. from HD cameras (I assume PTZ stuff). Live feeds are nothing new but this was done in a way I have never seen it before with a very "produced" look. they must have had at least 10 cameras they were switching around.

I was wondering if anyone had any info on the gear used or how they accomplish the switching in-time with the music.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:46:32 AM by Brian Larson »

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Radiohead Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »

I saw Radiohead perform last thursday

;D  and....??

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Troy Lourens

Radiohead Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »

I just had a great lasagna.

Brian Larson

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »

;D  and....??

Hammer

Stupid Tapatalk and my big fingers made me post too soon...

Randy Culpepper

Radiohead Tour
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »

It's all rehearsed and it's all either cued or directed by a director. They do it everyday and not to much changes night to night after rehearsal at the beginning of a tour. As to equipment it changes every day and tour to tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brian Larson

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »

As to equipment it changes every day and tour to tour.

No. I know most of the rental houses around here and no one has flying screens. I read that Firehouse is providing a K1/KARA/KUDO rig that they're touring with so I really doubt they would get the video package locally.

I'm more interested in what specific hardware/software they used to accomplish the switching and who makes those screens.

http://www.fohonline.com/news/6574-firehouse-productions-l-acoustics-gear-for-latest-radiohead-tour.html

Brian Larson

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

You can see the screens I'm talking about pretty well in this video. They're the ones at odd angles. They were suspended differently for each song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4hiPhcJtXI&feature=related

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 08:29:49 PM »

No. I know most of the rental houses around here and no one has flying screens. I read that Firehouse is providing a K1/KARA/KUDO rig that they're touring with so I really doubt they would get the video package locally.

I'm more interested in what specific hardware/software they used to accomplish the switching and who makes those screens.

http://www.fohonline.com/news/6574-firehouse-productions-l-acoustics-gear-for-latest-radiohead-tour.html

There are a few video production companies that provide those kind of systems. Neither Moo Video Productions or LMG, both of which do concert tours, have Radiohead listed on their websites, but that doesn't mean they didn't do the tour. There are surely other similar companies. It is an expensive complex undertaking that usually includes at least 4 or 5 broadcast quality cameras with operators if there is IMAG, and a complete production suite, that may be in a truck.

Mac

James Feenstra

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 11:56:26 PM »

As to equipment it changes every day and tour to tour.
same gear every night....only thing that changes is the venue and local crew

tours of that size typically bring it all with them and take a huge production buyout from whoever's buying/booking/promoting the tour
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

bflugan82

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »

PRG Nocturne provides the video for Radiohead.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.