ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same lighting fixture on same channel  (Read 3244 times)

Travis Dean TenKley

Same lighting fixture on same channel
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:04:29 PM »

This might be a dumb question but i'm having troubles getting my lights to do the same thing as each other.
I'm using;
x4/Chauvet Intimidator 300
x4/Chauvet Color Palettes
x3/ADJ Revo 4
I want the same fixtures to do the same thing via dmx.  I put each lighting fixture on the same dmx channel as its counterpart but when I control them with my stage setter, they do their own thing and they go to the beat of the music which I though was really weird considering I thought the sound was only for non-dmx control.  They are all hooked together in series with dmx cables.  It's like their doing three different controls at once.  Please help me if you can:)

duane massey

Re: Same lighting fixture on same channel
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

I suspect one of three things is happening: (a)one or more of the fixtures is not in dmx mode; if this is the case that fixture will try to act as a master unit and send dmx signals thru the data line. not certain about the Chauvet, but the ADJ should show a 3-digit number; (b) you have a bad fixture; yes, I have seen this straight out of the box with both brands; (3) if the Scenesetter has a polarity switch on the dmx output, flip it; this as a very common problem.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Travis Dean TenKley

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »

I suspect one of three things is happening: (a)one or more of the fixtures is not in dmx mode; if this is the case that fixture will try to act as a master unit and send dmx signals thru the data line. not certain about the Chauvet, but the ADJ should show a 3-digit number; (b) you have a bad fixture; yes, I have seen this straight out of the box with both brands; (3) if the Scenesetter has a polarity switch on the dmx output, flip it; this as a very common problem.
One of the Revos is set on master the other slaves.  But, I didn't think it mattered once you connect the dmx cables?  Should I have all fixtures set to slave then?

duane massey

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »

If memory serves you need to set the dmx address and make certain you press enter afterwards. I assume you will run these in 4ch mode, which is the normal setting from the factory. Master/slave mode is not where you want to be. Chauvet fixtures also can be confusing in the same manner, all these manuals are vague and simplistic. How do you have the fixtures addressed?
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.