ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had issues doing a sound gig. What is wrong ??  (Read 45881 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Had issues doing a sound gig. What is wrong ??
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »

What kind of EQ were you applying that you felt wasn't sufficient?

Kenny Deal

Re: Had issues doing a sound gig. What is wrong ??
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

What kind of EQ were you applying that you felt wasn't sufficient?
This particular time just a 3 band. I was using my 808s but the other two singers(male) were no issue only her . I was actually thinking of suggesting to them a TC Electronics Voicelive. This way they can have a more consistent way to control her better without relying on the sound guy. It seemed I had to cut the mid down to almost nothing to make her less shreaky. I used alot of effect and cut the high as well. If I do sound for them again I'll try a compressor on her. I'm not all that experienced with using one on vox so I have not used one . My own band we don't have these issues. My singer has a very warm voice. I Eq her nearly the same as myself and She has a Beta 58. I would think it's just me but like I said trhe guitar player said it's an ongoing issue they were aware of. I just think they has to be a way to address it.
If I was to try inserting a compressor what is that best kind ? There seems to be many ariations. compressor/limiter, Compressor/gate.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:12:29 pm by Kenny Deal »

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
Re: Had issues doing a sound gig. What is wrong ??
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2012, 06:13:00 pm »

If I was to try inserting a compressor what is that best kind ? There seems to be many ariations. compressor/limiter, Compressor/gate.
I don't think a regular compressor is going to help much in this situation.  Try different mics first.  If you can't tame it that way, try a de-esser (since they're cheaper).  If that doesn't work, a multi-band compressor is the proper tool.  Think Aphex Dominator or equivalent.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »

I don't think I was looking for "3 band" or "cut the mod all the way", I was thinking more like frequencies. What frequencies were you cutting to make the vocal less harsh?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.