ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen gear - Sacramento ,CA  (Read 6688 times)

Eric Bianchi

Stolen gear - Sacramento ,CA
« on: March 17, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »

The following items were stolen from an event on the night of March 10, 2012 or early morning of March 11, 2012 in West Sacramento, CA. Police were notified, and I am watching ebay and craigslist, and have notified pawn shops and local music stores. I have serial numbers to verify. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Black slant-top mixer rack case - 16 space bottom + 10 space top. Marked "DO NOT STEAL" (Not kidding...)
1 Crest X20 mixer - older style
1 Monster Pro2500 power conditioner
1 Klark Teknik DN360 equalizer
2 Yamaha 2031 equalizer
1 Valley People Gatex quad gates
1 dbx   1046 quad compressors
1 ada   digital delay
1 Yamaha SPX900 effects
1 Middle Atlantic   3 space rack drawer

Brian Larson

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »

Why on earth would you write "DO NOT STEAL" on your equipment? I don't even put the name of my company on my trailer so people don't get the idea that there might be something worthwhile inside.

Good luck finding everything though.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Stolen gear - Sacramento ,CA
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »

Why on earth would you write "DO NOT STEAL" on your equipment? I don't even put the name of my company on my trailer so people don't get the idea that there might be something worthwhile inside.

Good luck finding everything though.

+1 ... you just invited them to steal it.

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Eric Bianchi

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »

+1 ... you just invited them to steal it.

Hammer

Actually, I think the value of the gear and opportunity invited them to steal it, but thanks for your input anyway, genius.

For what it's worth, the case was labelled by a previous owner, and I covered the labeling with gaff tape. I mentioned it in the description because it is such an unusual marking that it would be memorable to anyone who had seen it.

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »

Actually, I think the value of the gear and opportunity invited them to steal it, but thanks for your input anyway, genius.

For what it's worth, the case was labelled by a previous owner, and I covered the labeling with gaff tape. I mentioned it in the description because it is such an unusual marking that it would be memorable to anyone who had seen it.

Sorry that you've had gear stolen...   Regarding the term "Genius" ...yeah, I've been called that by some...but, then.... I didn't have my gear ripped off either....

Hammer

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »

Sorry that you've had gear stolen...   Regarding the term "Genius" ...yeah, I've been called that by some...but, then.... I didn't have my gear ripped off either....

Hammer

If there only was a way to somehow make the "do not steal" disappear permanently. Some way to ... "spray" some opaque material over it....

BUt no, really, when it comes to logos on vans/trailers/trucks... it's interesting to see things progress... as someone starts out, they cannot afford anything like a vehicle wrap. Then, as they grow, they put "Joe's DJ Service" on the side of their vehicle... thus telling the world that there's a good chance the car/truck/etc is full of good stuff. Finally, as they get to be large enough-- they realize the silliness of running that sort of risk and move back to plain white trucks, or even Penske rentals!

For me, I have a truck purchased used from a local liquor/beverage distributor... that has -- well, a soft drink logo on it. (I don't want to totally give it up on the internets...!)

Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »

If there only was a way to somehow make the "do not steal" disappear permanently. Some way to ... "spray" some opaque material over it....

BUt no, really, when it comes to logos on vans/trailers/trucks... it's interesting to see things progress... as someone starts out, they cannot afford anything like a vehicle wrap. Then, as they grow, they put "Joe's DJ Service" on the side of their vehicle... thus telling the world that there's a good chance the car/truck/etc is full of good stuff. Finally, as they get to be large enough-- they realize the silliness of running that sort of risk and move back to plain white trucks, or even Penske rentals!

For me, I have a truck purchased used from a local liquor/beverage distributor... that has -- well, a soft drink logo on it. (I don't want to totally give it up on the internets...!)

Ray

Yeah...one of the Sound Techs that posts here regularly, had bought a truck that had a septic system logo on the side.   ;)

Hammer

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »

Yeah...one of the Sound Techs that posts here regularly, had bought a truck that had a septic system logo on the side.   ;)

Hammer

Perhaps a dye-pack (like they put in bank bags) gaffed to the floor under the rack.  Thief moves rack, lanyard sets off dye-pack.  Police arrest miscreant with flourescent purple shoes.......
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Brian Larson

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »

I had looked into GPS tracking when I bought my first "expensive" console. The options right now aren't great but hopefully someone will design a discrete unit that can be hidden inside a device and modified to receive power from the device it's in.

Someday....

Tony Ly

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.