ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ametuer audio to camera?  (Read 2477 times)

John Chiara

Ametuer audio to camera?
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »

I need to run 2 1/4" TRS outputs from a Presonus digital mixer about 50 feet to 2 RCA inputs through the AV connector on a small Sony HD camera for a church podcast. Can I just use 50 ' balanced cables with an adapter? Other options for hopefully noise free operation?

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Amateur audio to camera?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

I need to run 2 1/4" TRS outputs from a Presonus digital mixer about 50 feet to 2 RCA inputs through the AV connector on a small Sony HD camera for a church podcast. Can I just use 50 ' balanced cables with an adapter? Other options for hopefully noise free operation?

Yeah , it should work.   Try it before the event, just in case.

Hammer

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:43:17 AM by Charlie Zureki »
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Ametuer audio to camera?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »

John....

I always, ALWAYS use some sort of transformer isolation when sending signal out from a house console for cameras, broadcast, recording, etc....   A lesson learned the hard way when getting noise back courtesy of some consumer (or pro) level power supply.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:10:08 PM »

In addition to going form balanced to unbalanced you also need to look at what type of level the camera connection is looking for. If it's a consumer or even low end "pro" camcorder with just a 1/8 inch mic jack for audio input you'll need a pad on the line as well. Depending on the camera there maybe a menu option for the line level audio input. The 1/8 jack will most likely be a TRS for a stereo mic input. Whirlwind makes an interface box for just what your trying to called the LM2C camera mic adapter. Also for a mono less cost option look at an RDL TX-LM2 line level to mic level transformer, I just used the RDL part at a church install to do exactly what your looking to do.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:10:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.