ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on new Moving Heads  (Read 27252 times)

James Feenstra

Re: Advice on new Moving Heads
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »

Yep, I'm not exactly thrilled. I'm not really overly impressed by any manufacturer right now.

I'll have a good look at the new blizzard torrent f5 when it drops, and I just got turned onto these... Basically a 5r based shogun... http://www.mega-lite.com/prolight/autoLight/halo5r/

Anyone know anything about them? I'm hearing good things, 2kish range per fixtures. Well featured. I'm looking hard at these now too...
if they're in the 2k price range per light they may be worth checking out. Only thing I don't like is no color mixing with the main light, just rgb mixing through the LEDs (which you can't change the beam of, 45 degrees is quite wide)
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 02:18:30 AM »

if they're in the 2k price range per light they may be worth checking out. Only thing I don't like is no color mixing with the main light, just rgb mixing through the LEDs (which you can't change the beam of, 45 degrees is quite wide)

I'll get exact pricing on them next week. And, you have to remember that it's a beam effect- not a small profile spot. So custom gobos and color mixing are not present, but it's a pretty sweet looking light. It has optional 25 degree beam on the wash, but its still more of a glitz thing than an actual wash. I'm planning on getting a demo of them soon. Pictures and video seem cool- not much "review" type info on them, but they seem like they could either be awesome lights, or be cheesy as hell.

James Feenstra

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 05:13:23 PM »

I'll get exact pricing on them next week. And, you have to remember that it's a beam effect- not a small profile spot. So custom gobos and color mixing are not present, but it's a pretty sweet looking light. It has optional 25 degree beam on the wash, but its still more of a glitz thing than an actual wash. I'm planning on getting a demo of them soon. Pictures and video seem cool- not much "review" type info on them, but they seem like they could either be awesome lights, or be cheesy as hell.
imo there's no reason a light should't color mix these days. I personally wouldn't buy a light that can't, as their applications are much more limited.

I've also never understood this whole beam light category that seems to have popped up lately as a huge selling feature of mediocre fixtures (ie. sharpys). Seems to me like someone was too lazy to use an iris, cause it does the same thing.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

Bringing this thread back...

So the new Blizzard F5's seem to be pretty sweet, but another option we didn't discuss that I just came across is the Chauvet Legend 300E. Anyone with any experience with them? Nicely featured, right in that price bracket. Thoughts anyone?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »

Yep, I'm not exactly thrilled. I'm not really overly impressed by any manufacturer right now.

I'll have a good look at the new blizzard torrent f5 when it drops, and I just got turned onto these... Basically a 5r based shogun... http://www.mega-lite.com/prolight/autoLight/halo5r/

Anyone know anything about them? I'm hearing good things, 2kish range per fixtures. Well featured. I'm looking hard at these now too...

I saw 4 of the Mega-Lite's recently. The room was not darkened/hazed for a show as this was a corporate function.

The LED ring is cool, and semi-bright. The beam fixture itself was very bright, however I noticed that the movement was not as smooth and fast as a High-end or martin light would be. It's in the ADJ/Chauvet segment so I would've expected this anyway. The beam effect worked very well, however when irised out for a wash the field of light was not very smooth. There were definite hot spots giving an overall "splotchy" wash.

The LED rings are controllable in 4 sections at least. I'm not sure if you can control individual LED's (for pixel mapping).
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 11:14:32 AM »

Thanks for the insight on the mega lites. I'm still trying to find a workable solution. I've got a few of the Torrent F5's right now, but I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on these 300E spots from Chauvet. CMY, Zoom, I just can't find ANY info on them review-wise. I think I'd up the budget to 2,500/per... any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks!

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 12:49:05 AM »

My Qspot 260s are still going strong. So are the MAC 101s

I saw that Chauvet also has a new S230E that looks really nice. Any one has any experience on that light?

Thanks,

Josh Daws

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »

S230E?????? not a chauvet model...??

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »

sorry this model: http://www.chauvetlighting.com/legend-230sr-beam.html

Looks similar to the clay paky sharpy. I have not seen them in person, but I hear they are awesome. Very bright, beams, with some cool features. They have gone out on a few tours. I'm a Chauvet dealer, and I've been eye-ing them up. I may bring a few in to see what all the hype's about. If I do, I'll let  you all know.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.