ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can anyone recommend a sub enclosure design for evx150a's  (Read 4364 times)

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
can anyone recommend a sub enclosure design for evx150a's
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »

I recently purchased 6x evx150 15in drivers and I want to build, have built, or buy some good boxes to house them for use as PA subwoofers for smaller situations, maybe as part of a drum monitor system and similar.
 Basically I got a deal on the driver's I couldn't refuse and I'd like to get them put to use and I'd love to find an "ideal" box design for them. I have both QRX218's and T-18's with evx180B's and I like their performance so I only hope the evx150 will perform decent as well
 I'm leaning hard toward front loaded, vented bass  reflex design similar to my qrx would be great. I'm open to double 15 boxes or stackable singles.
 I'm pretty sure the drivers are evx150 reconed at some point with 150a kit. The place I bought them from said if any were ever reconed it would only have been done by sending to EV.
 I have plans for TL606 cab but it says they are for evm15 and I don't know it it will be good box for evx.
 Any advise greatly appreciated.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Paul G. OBrien

Re: can anyone recommend a sub enclosure design for evx150a's
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »

OK... double scratch that, I found what looks like the correct specs for this driver and it turns out it should be a half decent woofer. The link below shows the TS specs, plug those into WinISD Pro and you can explore what the driver is capable of. Again.. if you think you got 1000w subs there you're in for some disappointment, without modeling it myself I'd guess they will handle somewhere around 500-600w each in a 40hz box.. which is still plenty usefull.

http://images.owneriq.net/download/images/8/8033142e-866c-4abc-be54-654880c40da2-000001.png
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:13:58 PM by Paul G. OBrien »

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »

f you think you got 1000w subs there you're in for some disappointment
If these are the same as the evx180 which I have used quite a bit for a few years, they really rate them 600 cont. despite the "1000w" printed all over the place including the magnet label plate, That is RMS, I low cut and avoid the 40hz range with most applications where there isn't much I'd want down there anyway, occasionally low cut 35 but with care.

As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.