ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DM1000 GPI Interference  (Read 2258 times)

Andre Vare

• Hamilton, ON Canada
DM1000 GPI Interference
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:43:22 am »

I was doing a gig at a venue with relatively new (4 month) sound system.  The includes a Yamaha DM1000 with two of the GPI inputs being used for a system mute.  The mute kept on being turned on regularly.  This was the first time the system was used with stage dimmers in the venue at the same time.  My thoughts are either interference being induced on the GPI input line (~15' long) which the high input impedance of the GPI circuitry interpreted as signal, or the interference was on the power to the mixer.  Their is rudimentary Middle Atlantic power conditioner on the power to the mixer.

This had never happened before.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Andre

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: DM1000 GPI Interference
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:28 pm »

I was doing a gig at a venue with relatively new (4 month) sound system.  The includes a Yamaha DM1000 with two of the GPI inputs being used for a system mute.  The mute kept on being turned on regularly.  This was the first time the system was used with stage dimmers in the venue at the same time.  My thoughts are either interference being induced on the GPI input line (~15' long) which the high input impedance of the GPI circuitry interpreted as signal, or the interference was on the power to the mixer.  Their is rudimentary Middle Atlantic power conditioner on the power to the mixer.

This had never happened before.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Andre

The highlighted section above is IME the likely scenario.  Forget the power conditioner and go for a line regulator or a good UPS.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Andre Vare

• Hamilton, ON Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 06:18:01 pm »

The highlighted section above is IME the likely scenario.  Forget the power conditioner and go for a line regulator or a good UPS.
Thank you Dick.

Andre

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:28:00 pm »

Thank you Dick.

Andre

Andre...

I'm not sure I read it correctly the first time, but my old midi gear used to jump from one pre-set to another before I got my voltage regulated.  If it's inductive interference on the cable, then perhaps simple regulation won't be enough.

Whatever, good luck on the fix.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:28:00 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 24 queries.