ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21"woofer for reflex  (Read 3979 times)

mark jansen

21"woofer for reflex
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »

21" woofer for reflex.

for reflex purposes (75x60x90cm, tuning 30hz) what would be a good woofer to use ?

RCF LF21N551
Beyma 21SW1600
Beyma 21L50
18S 21NLW9000

Any other drivers that could be interesting ?

Jeff Bankston

Re: 21"woofer for reflex
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »

hard to say unless someone has heard all 4 side by side. what i like you may not like. i am building new woof cabnets using the very clean sounding faital pro 18xl1600. i know some people dont like it casue it doesnt have the thump(best i can describe it) of an 18" rcf. i dont like the rcf drivers. if i were going to use a 21 and gave a recomendation you may or may not like the sound. i want my pa to sound like a high quality home stereo without the overblown bass. some guys want overblown bass. call a guy named AL at www.usspeaker.com. he sells the brands of 21 your asking about. he might be able to give you some info. hope this helps , jeff

chuck clark

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:30:33 AM »

+1 Mr. Harrell.  It's not like one of those listed is a slouch. All pretty hi quality drivers.  Looks like it's down to matters like availability and support in your area, price and personal preference.  Myself, I would lean towards whichever ones thiel-small parameter suspension springiness best matches the volume of your box and the largest xmax. That would allow optimal output while not easily allowing over excursion under hard use. But that's just me cause I know I'd put 'em straight to some hard use. I like basement bass 30-60hz. The next octave 60-120 is sometimes over done and is often described as boxey or muddy. Best of luck w/ your design!
Chuck

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:30:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.