ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podium Mics and "Money Channel" Outboard  (Read 17716 times)

TonyWilliams

• Nashville, TN
    • Blog
Re: Podium Mics and "Money Channel" Outboard
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »

I prefer to keep things simple. Especially if you are using a Yamaha digital board, most of what you need is already there. On long mic cable runs, I will use a Sound Devices MM-1. I use Shure MX Series gooseneck microphones.

I'm starting to do more and more corporate audio and want some high quality mics/processing for the podium. I have several mics, my favorite being the Crown 300. I'm a Sennheiser dealer and looking at getting a pair of the Mzh3040 with Me34 capsule but want to see what other options are out there. I've read good things about the Earthworks Flex series. I've owned other Earthworks in the past and have been really happy with them, but I've never used their goosenecks. I wish I could use my km184's but I need something with more of a "traditional" look.

Also, if it helps immensely, I wouldn't be opposed to getting an outboard preamp, compressor, and/or parametric eq. Most of our consoles are Yamaha digitals, so that's the sound after the microphone I'm currently stuck with. If I had a nice rack of outboard I'm sure I'd find myself using it on other sources on other gigs as well. What do you think? Should I even be considering outboard gear? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks for the help.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Podium Mics and "Money Channel" Outboard
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.