ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha MG32 14FX with hearback  (Read 4293 times)

tim stevens

Yamaha MG32 14FX with hearback
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with running the hearback personal monitor systems with the yamaha 32mg14fx board?

Mark Long

• Dayton, OH
Re: Yamaha MG32 14FX with hearback
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with running the hearback personal monitor systems with the yamaha 32mg14fx board?
I'm familiar with both, but have not used them together. What's your question?

tim stevens

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:56 AM »

We are hooked into the inserts on the back of the board, using an insert to direct out cable to send signal to the  Hearback hub. Problems seems to be that at that point the signal is post fader. When slides for the individual channels are lowered, the signal to the monitors is reduced.  We do not know where to pick up the signal prefader. Any suggestions.

I'm familiar with both, but have not used them together. What's your question?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

We are hooked into the inserts on the back of the board, using an insert to direct out cable to send signal to the  Hearback hub. Problems seems to be that at that point the signal is post fader. When slides for the individual channels are lowered, the signal to the monitors is reduced.  We do not know where to pick up the signal prefader. Any suggestions.

Take a look a the block diagram for the mixer.... but IIRC there are no points to access pre-fader signals.  It's been a long time since I've used an MG series, though, so I may be way off about this.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark Long

• Dayton, OH
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »

Take a look a the block diagram for the mixer.... but IIRC there are no points to access pre-fader signals.  It's been a long time since I've used an MG series, though, so I may be way off about this.
The PDF manual that I have shows the insert being post EQ, pre fader. I'm not sue what version this manual is, but there is an "E" at the bottom of the cover page.

We have one of these at church in the teen room, but I've never used the inserts on this as they have no outbound gear. Maybe Yamaha had different versions of the board or the manual is just wrong. I don't see any option jumpers listed in the manual either.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:20:19 PM by Mark Long »

tim stevens

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »

Yes,, the manual does show that but when I spoke with Yamaha they said that wasn't correct.
The PDF manual that I have shows the insert being post EQ, pre fader. I'm not sue what version this manual is, but there is an "E" at the bottom of the cover page.

We have one of these at church in the teen room, but I've never used the inserts on this as they have no outbound gear. Maybe Yamaha had different versions of the board or the manual is just wrong. I don't see any option jumpers listed in the manual either.

Mark Long

• Dayton, OH
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »

Yes,, the manual does show that but when I spoke with Yamaha they said that wasn't correct.
Interesting. Maybe I'm dense, but why would any manufacturer put an insert post fader? One more strike for Yamaha's low end boards!

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 10:29:09 AM »

Interesting. Maybe I'm dense, but why would any manufacturer put an insert post fader? One more strike for Yamaha's low end boards!

As I recall, there was much celebration here when Yamaha released a new firmware version for the LS9 that allowed the channel inserts to be post fader.  I think it had something to do with automixers.  Not something that I've ever had a need for, but never say "never".  :)

I do agree that if I could only have it one way, I'd probably want it pre-fade.

GTD

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »

Start shopping for a higher quality used board.  Direct outs are the way to go.  A & H GL series can be had for a reasonable investment. 

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.