ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: system set up  (Read 10621 times)

chris Wesley

system set up
« on: March 07, 2012, 12:35:26 AM »

just looking for some info i have 2 subs and 2 mid ranges and am wondering what the best set up would b

i have a 2000 watt amp with a cross over and wondering if i should add an eq or a maximizer of some sort to get the best sound

Jeff Bankston

Re: system set up
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »

please post your real name. what size speakers are in the cabnets ? do the mid cabnets have a horn ?

Brian Larson

system set up
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:07 AM »

Step 1: Grab a bunch of cables. Anything you've got lying around your house. Pull them out of you TV if you have to.

Step 2: Pile up your speakers into a big mountain making it look as big and loud as possible.

Step 3: Use those cables to arbitrarily connect all of your gear. If you don't fill up every connector with a cable you're doing it wrong.

Congratulations! Your "system" is officially "set up".

With the kind of info you've provided us that's the kind of help you're going to get.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »

just looking for some info i have 2 subs and 2 mid ranges and am wondering what the best set up would b

i have a 2000 watt amp with a cross over and wondering if i should add an eq or a maximizer of some sort to get the best sound
"I" is capitalized and you generally end sentences with some sort of punctuation.  I know that sounds petty but the point is that if something doesn't seem important enough for you to invest the time and effort in it then there is not much incentive for others invest their time and effort responding.

Other than that, it is a forum rule that your displayed name be your real name and it would really help to provide information such as the actual products involved, the application involved, your goals, your budget and so on.

You probably will find that the best sound is going to be better obtained though improving your knowledge and experience rather than with with 'magic bullet' gear.

chris Wesley

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »

please post your real name. what size speakers are in the cabnets ? do the mid cabnets have a horn ?

18 in the cabnets and the mids have horns

chris Wesley

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

Step 1: Grab a bunch of cables. Anything you've got lying around your house. Pull them out of you TV if you have to.

Step 2: Pile up your speakers into a big mountain making it look as big and loud as possible.

Step 3: Use those cables to arbitrarily connect all of your gear. If you don't fill up every connector with a cable you're doing it wrong.

Congratulations! Your "system" is officially "set up".

With the kind of info you've provided us that's the kind of help you're going to get.

i am just trying to get an idea of what i should have in a basic amp rack setup with 2 subs and 2 mids

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:44:27 PM by chris Wesley »

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 03:10:16 PM »

can you provide us with the brand and model of the speakers , brand and model of the amp , brand and model of the crossover so we can further help you. there are so many different 18's and mid horn combos and without having more info its impossible to give advice. what is the system goimg to be used for ? where is it going to be installed ? how big is the room or building ? how many people will this be for ?

duane massey

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »

Basically you should have 2 amps and some type of processing. The choices are extremely variable. We need more info to offer any other advice.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 07:00:40 PM »

18 in the cabnets and the mids have horns
I am quite sure (based on the statements so far) that there are all kinds of "things" that can be done to improve your sound.

However since you seen to lack the basic knowledge of what you actually own-it is highly unlikely that any advice that could possibly be given on this forum could help your sound.

Do you own amy measurement equipment?  What is your skill level?

Various tools will only help if you know what you are doing.  If not-then they will likely do more damage than good.

There is no "magic bullet".
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Brian Larson

system set up
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »

Are they blue or red?

ProSoundWeb Community

system set up
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.