ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Leviton LEO Users?  (Read 2529 times)

AllenB.Denin

Any Leviton LEO Users?
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »

Does anyone here use(used) or is familiar with the Leviton LEO. It looks to be an interesting instrument but I cannot find very much real world feedback about it. The little I have found has been both positive and negative. What is your experience with it if any? I sure would appreciate your feedback if you have any!

Scott Hofmann

Re: Any Leviton LEO Users?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »

Does anyone here use(used) or is familiar with the Leviton LEO. It looks to be an interesting instrument but I cannot find very much real world feedback about it. The little I have found has been both positive and negative. What is your experience with it if any? I sure would appreciate your feedback if you have any!

Worked with some brand new ones at a new performing arts center shortly after they came out. Worked well, able to get a soft-edge easily (unlike S4). Good intensity and smoothness. Remember something about a knob that held the lamp cap on being a little suspect regarding longevity. Equals the original Strand SL in my opinion, although physically larger. Has the rotating body like most of the newer ellipsoidals. Their claim of achieving multiple beamspreads by repositioning the lenses within the lens tube (thus not having to buy multiple lens tubes or zoom fixtures) is a little misleading, which resulted in a few issues. The 15º version contains one lens only and it is unique to that fixture. The 19º version has only one lens, which is also used in the two-lens 26 and 36 versions; the second lens in the 26/36 is also used in the 50. The second lens in the 50 is also a unique lens. This is all documented in the LEO users guide, so be sure to download and read before ordering anything so you see how all the lens and beamspreads are related.
The long and short of it is: order a 26º because you can convert it to a 19 or 36. I have no report on how the fixtures have held up since installation. Hope this helps!
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Any Leviton LEO Users?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.