ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a lighting controller for architectural LED install  (Read 4651 times)

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio

I'm looking for a controller for several hundred feet of LED strip lighting throughout a restaurant.  I only need RGB mixing, nothing fancy, but it must be simple to use and reliable.  I initially specified a PC based controller, but the thought of a staff member having to reboot the PC and launch the software in the event of a crash or power failure bothers me.  But I do like the idea of something like Freestyler software because of the iOS app.  Is there a hardware or software based solution that I just haven't thought of?

duane massey

Re: Looking for a lighting controller for architectural LED install
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »

ADJ and Elation have some dedicated LED controllers that are worth checking out.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »

Exactly what kind of control are you looking for? Is all several hundred feet using the same 3 channels? Are you breaking it up into zones and you just need to be able to select "under bar" and a color wheel pops up so they can pick a color and leave it? Do you need it to do any type of effects playback like color fades or chases? Does it need to be able to set scenes to a real time clock?
Ray Cerwinski

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

Exactly what kind of control are you looking for? Is all several hundred feet using the same 3 channels? Are you breaking it up into zones and you just need to be able to select "under bar" and a color wheel pops up so they can pick a color and leave it? Do you need it to do any type of effects playback like color fades or chases? Does it need to be able to set scenes to a real time clock?

I was planning to break it into 4 or 6 different zones so they could change colors independently, but also have a way to select all zones at once and control them as one, if possible.  Playback of fades would be nice, chases I think would be a little tacky for this place.  I would very much like to program it to a real time clock so they would turn on when the place opens and turn off at 2am.  I would also like to pre-program major holidays so it turns green for St Pattys day, pink for valentines day, etc. 

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:08:59 AM »

I'd take a look at the S.T.I.C.K. controller by NicoLaudie. The KU1 model supports up to 5 "zones," has a timeclock/calendar, and can do streaming show playback (color fades).

http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/stick-ku1.htm
Ray Cerwinski

alexanderpinto

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »

I found out good link for you, please go through it

http://www.wellsled.com/new-show.asp?id=6

Erick Swihart

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

I'm looking for a controller for several hundred feet of LED strip lighting throughout a restaurant.  I only need RGB mixing, nothing fancy, but it must be simple to use and reliable.  I initially specified a PC based controller, but the thought of a staff member having to reboot the PC and launch the software in the event of a crash or power failure bothers me.  But I do like the idea of something like Freestyler software because of the iOS app.  Is there a hardware or software based solution that I just haven't thought of?

Google "Scene Station"

It is made by Interactive Technologies.

They work great.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.