ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spec'ing Lyntec Panel  (Read 4065 times)

Alex Donkle

Spec'ing Lyntec Panel
« on: March 02, 2012, 11:38:09 PM »

I'm an AV consultant and most of my experience is with passive loudspeakers systems. Looking at using Meyer active speakers on a new project and a Lyntec RPC panel with SurgeX sidecar to feed the outlets at the loudspeaker locations.

Past systems we've just relied on SurgeX SEQ and RT1120-RT all in our AV racks, and used FlatPak's for LCDs. Is there a benefit to having the Lyntec panel supply power to these devices as well beyond just at active loudspeaker locations?
And what kind of notes commonly go into the drawings and/or spec sections to call out remote breakers and/or the RS232 connections to the Crestron/AMX control system?

Thanks,
Consultant

TonyWilliams

• Nashville, TN
    • Blog
Spec'ing Lyntec Panel
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:06:15 PM »

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but from an installers viewpoint: When spec'ing a Lyntec system, the reasoning over remote relays is that there is no control wire needed to go between these remote locations (ex: larger buildings where FOH is far away from the amp rack which is far away from the lobby 70v system etc. ). With a Lyntec system the electrician installs the motorized breakers, and the A/V integrator wires the Lyntec system. Everything is centrally located and there is no super long daisy chained control wire that would be hard to troubleshoot a year down the road when a cable got cut somewhere in the chain. As I'm not the designer or consultant on these jobs, I'm not sure how it is spec'ed to the GC or electricians.

If the situation is that all equipment is in one rack together, then I would use one of the middle Atlantic or surgeX products you describe.

- Tony Williams
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Spec'ing Lyntec Panel
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »

Past systems we've just relied on SurgeX SEQ and RT1120-RT all in our AV racks, and used FlatPak's for LCDs. Is there a benefit to having the Lyntec panel supply power to these devices as well beyond just at active loudspeaker locations?
If I understand the question, the advantage I can see might be cost and having everything on one common 'AV' panel.  But perhaps one related question would be whether you actually want to switch power to the displays or whether you would be using non-motorized breakers for those circuits.

And what kind of notes commonly go into the drawings and/or spec sections to call out remote breakers and/or the RS232 connections to the Crestron/AMX control system?
I usually treat the control aspect just like any other device, showing the connectivity on the drawings and defining the programming via drawing details and the specifications.  The panel itself and any of the installed AC power aspects should probably be shown on Electrical drawings that are signed and stamped by an Electrical Engineer, addressed in the Electrical specifications and installed by an Electrical Contractor.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Spec'ing Lyntec Panel
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.