ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet 4 Pin Footswitch End  (Read 5302 times)

Dolan McMullen

Chauvet 4 Pin Footswitch End
« on: February 21, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »

I have a pair of these we use in a couple of bands I am in:

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products/manuals/4BAR_UM_Rev3_WO.pdf

Needless to say they are not the best things out there but do the job. The problem is the end that attaches to the light bar is held together by two screws and I have lost them. I contacted Chauvet and they want to sell me the whole footswitch which I do not need. Does anyone know where I can purchase the female connector that connects to the light bar? Needless to say, I will not be dealing with that company again.

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
Re: Chauvet 4 Pin Footswitch End
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »

I'm guessing the screws you lost go into the cable end and holds it together. If this is correct, I'd look to a local hardware store like and Ace or True Value to replace them.

I'm not familiar with the product, and the link you provided doesn't provide many answers. You could replace the male and female connectors with 5 pin DMX and leave one pin disconnected. Do this only if you're comfortable doing the soldering and metal work that may be needed.

You could also try to hard wire it together and replace the plug with a grommet. Same warning applies.

This will void your warranty and may be dangerous.

Good luck and repair at your own risk.

John Strzalkowski

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »

The input looks similar to a 4 pin DIN, or mini-DIN connector, you might want to try one if you can find it locally to see if it mates up.

Those 4Bar systems are great, but the stand, case, and accessories are super cheap and break really easy, and Chauvet does not sell these items individually (They could probably make a killing selling the cases and stand separately. A local shop I help at rents these items and so far after a year, there are 6 broken stands, every bag for the stand has had the zipper rip off, and 4 "road cases" for the 4bar that the zipper is no longer functional meaning we have to bungee the case together.... Lights still work though).

Apollo lighting just came out with a system that is similar (LS4195), and so far their stuff has been durable, and the cost on this is actually quite close to the 4Bar system, they say it comes in a flight case. (How durable or what they mean by flight case im not sure of).

James Babcock

• SR Forums
    • Thevisualtimekeeper
Chauvet 4 Pin Footswitch End
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »

Try this eBay sellers listings.

www.ebay.ca/sch/connekt/m.html?_nkw=screw+4&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scott Shaw

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

I have a pair of these we use in a couple of bands I am in:

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products/manuals/4BAR_UM_Rev3_WO.pdf

Needless to say they are not the best things out there but do the job. The problem is the end that attaches to the light bar is held together by two screws and I have lost them. I contacted Chauvet and they want to sell me the whole footswitch which I do not need. Does anyone know where I can purchase the female connector that connects to the light bar? Needless to say, I will not be dealing with that company again.

From what I recall, they closely resemble parts for C.B. radio connections. Might want to check out a truck stop.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.