ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 32 Ch Whirlwind Digital snake...to LS9-32  (Read 8273 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: 32 Ch Whirlwind Digital snake...to LS9-32
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 06:50:39 pm »

Both options you have suggested are vastly more expensive than simply running copper. A 32x8 Snake is about the same price as just one end of the Connect 328.

That depends a lot on how long the installed cable run is, and where else the networked audio ends up going.

Mac

Matthew Brown

• Killer Pro Audio
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »

Both options you have suggested are vastly more expensive than simply running copper. A 32x8 Snake is about the same price as just one end of the Connect 328.

I'm not suggesting to use the whirlwind connect digital snake, I'm just going through possibilities on how to use the thing. It's kind of silly that you can't control it from a digital board yet it is a digital snake.. I think it is suited more towards analog FOH. I'm not sold on it in any way.

Whirlwind DS328T/R setup costs $4700

I guess it all depends on what you need to do. If you just need to run 32x8 from the stage to FOH and thats that.. sure, copper it is cheaper. But if you need to split off into monitor world, record world etc.. it might not be so great to go copper. I think it add's up either way you go.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.