ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: EV X-Sub or Danley TH115  (Read 22212 times)

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
Re: EV X-Sub or Danley TH115
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »

Ok, I have NO personal experience w/ Danley  TH115's but I heard a stack of QRX 218's
There are definitely too many X's in EV's line up.
 I was refering to the "X-Sub" (dual 18" front loaded) which is the companion sub to their X-Line and XLC series line array systems. Not to be confused with the QRX sub, Live X sub, Tour X sub, any of the XI subs, any of the SX/SXA subs, the XDS or the XB.
I've found EV to have some really great products, but there are enough less than impressive boxes in their line up for me to ask for others' personal experiences.
I'm not who I would be, if I wasn't who I am.

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

If you are looking for some serious low frequency extension, consider giving the TH221 a listen.
The 221 does look impressive, but at 5x the weight, 2x the size and 4x the price, it probably isn't a good fit right now. Of course that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to hear it :D.

chuck clark

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 06:39:40 AM »

A good question to ask at this point would be, do you need to "fly" the subs?
 The QRX has fly track hardware while the X sub/F has the heavy duty line array flyware built into the box which makes it 50 lbs. heavier and significantly more expensive.
Chuck

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »

A good question to ask at this point would be, do you need to "fly" the subs?
No.

We got our Danley demo in (single TH115). I feel like I really need to hear these in multiples (though the rep only had one demo unit). We A/B'd it with one of our current subs and it played a little lower, and a couple dB louder, but it certainly wasn't enough to justify getting into a new brand/model. I'm now wondering about the differences between the 115 and the 215 or 118.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 01:25:16 PM »

No.

We got our Danley demo in (single TH115). I feel like I really need to hear these in multiples (though the rep only had one demo unit). We A/B'd it with one of our current subs and it played a little lower, and a couple dB louder, but it certainly wasn't enough to justify getting into a new brand/model. I'm now wondering about the differences between the 115 and the 215 or 118.
The TH118 goes a fair bit lower and will get almost 6dB louder than the TH115.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ken Shaner

• Shaner Sound Services
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:38:38 AM »

Well, i don't have any experience with the Xsub or the Danley's -  BUT, we do events very similar to what you have listed, and even tonight I will be doing a college Hip Hop/Dubstep event which requires massive levels of bass. The subs we will be using and are to date my favorite in the EV line up are the PX2181's ( Phoenix Dual 18's ). The bass is unmatched in my personal opinion for the types of events you are doing. Downside is they were just discontinued last month BUT, EV has a small amount of them left in the warehouse if you're purchasing in the near future. I just picked up another pair for myself last week. I would recommend you try/buy them and you'll have no regrets. I power them with the EV CP4000's. Good luck!

Dag Johansen

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »

Well, i don't have any experience with the Xsub or the Danley's -  BUT, we do events very similar to what you have listed, and even tonight I will be doing a college Hip Hop/Dubstep event which requires massive levels of bass. The subs we will be using and are to date my favorite in the EV line up are the PX2181's ( Phoenix Dual 18's ). The bass is unmatched in my personal opinion for the types of events you are doing. Downside is they were just discontinued last month BUT, EV has a small amount of them left in the warehouse if you're purchasing in the near future. I just picked up another pair for myself last week. I would recommend you try/buy them and you'll have no regrets. I power them with the EV CP4000's. Good luck!

Dont want to be rude, but..... hip hop, dubstep and massive levels of bass and you recomend a cab that are flat down to 55Hz?
I have not heard this cabinet, but the data is far from impressive if deep bass is what one need.

Dag

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »

Dont want to be rude, but..... hip hop, dubstep and massive levels of bass and you recomend a cab that are flat down to 55Hz?
I have not heard this cabinet, but the data is far from impressive if deep bass is what one need.

Dag
Part of the problem is that a lot of the people who listen to that type of music-rarely experience the music as the artist intended.

When they do hear it with a system that can get loud and go deep-it is a whole different experience.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Peter Morris

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »

It seems a bit unfair to compare 1 TH115 (single 15) to an EVX (dual 18) Perhaps the TH118 might be more appropriate.
I have used both and my personal preference is the TH115.
To my ear the TH115 has a better quality of sound and better transient response.
However, the EV does a bit better in the mid bass if the crossover is higher than 125.
I have used 16 TH115 cabs in a single steered array and can tell you the results were impressive!
If you are looking for some serious low frequency extension, consider giving the TH221 a listen.

I have use both ... I assume you mean the TH115 and the EV, not the TH115 & TH118 ?

Ken Shaner

• Shaner Sound Services
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »

Dag

It's not rude, you have to hear them to understand. I'm at a dubstep/hip hop event with the Phoenix subs now ( 4 dual 18's ). It's amazing

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.