ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: face lighting?  (Read 5846 times)

DanGlass

Re: face lighting?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »

[
Personally I think LED front light looks a little tacky but that is not to say the technology will change with time. It seems like it gets better by the day!
[/quote]

I completely agree that traditional LED's certainly can look "cheap" asthetically.  Thats why I chose the traditional PAR 64 looking version, and they come in black or chrome exterior

DanGlass

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:22 PM »

John,
It is the nature of the beast that when the LED light has multiple source points you are going to have some shadow and the edges cannot be perfectly mixed.  The fixtures use separate cool and warm white LED's so on the outside edges you will see one or the other.  There are two ways to combat this in a video or high profile application.  The first way is to invert every other fixture meaning that in a traditional par can hang you have the gel frame clip at the top and in this instance every other one would have the gel clip at the bottom.  In this example the lets say the first fixture has a warm color on the outside edge to the left, the next fixture will have a cool color on the outside and they will mix when you overlap them.  The second idea is to add a light diffusion and this will mix the colors before they hit the talent but you sacrifice a little beam control.  You can always combine both ideas.

This issue only looks its worst when both colors are at full.  The closer you are to daylight or tungsten colors the less obvious it will be, at least to the human eye.  In any video enviorment I would always reccomend a little diffusion cause the LEDs can come off as a hard source.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.