ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some guidance for Tapped horn with 5.25" Drivers  (Read 5153 times)

Vikram Joshi

Some guidance for Tapped horn with 5.25" Drivers
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:05:45 AM »

Hello friends,
This is my First post here,
I am looking forward to learn from people Here.
I am Intending to make a tapped horn Sub for 5.25" 0r 6.5" Drivers. I have seen plan for 30hz tH based on tang Band Drivers-which are out of my reach.
My application will be for home audio and little bit of Movies.
I have tried juggling with Hornresp But could not understand it fully. If there are any Thumb rules or Guidance considering Speaker parameters.

Jeff Bankston

Re: Some guidance for Tapped horn with 5.25" Drivers
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:31:41 AM »

well i havent built a horn for home use. i like the Dynaudio woofers for home use. 2nd choice would be Eton kevlar. i'v used several of both starting all the way back to about 1984. you can buy eton new and dynaudio car stuff new. dynaudio stopped selling their home drivers to the public long ago BUT i see good used an ebay. i buyed it now a setta 30w100 woofs. this is all the info i can provide. i use my other set a 30w100 for home use. they are 12". the dynaudio drivers handle a lotta power. the etons not so much.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »

Hello friends,
I am Intending to make a tapped horn Sub for 5.25" 0r 6.5" Drivers. I have seen plan for 30hz tH based on tang Band Drivers-which are out of my reach.
I have tried juggling with Hornresp But could not understand it fully. If there are any Thumb rules or Guidance considering Speaker parameters.

I would suggest some other forums besides this, as I'm pretty sure you're intended use is not pro sound.

AVS Forum:  http://www.avsforum.com/

I believe one of the participants there has plans for something similar already, maybe a 6.5" driver instead.

DIY Audio Forum:  http://www.diyaudio.com/

Audio Asylum:  http://www.audioasylum.com/index.htm

There are others as welll.

Best regards,

John

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »

Hello friends,

Hi,

These threads will really help.

Tapped Horns for dummies

p.s. use of the word dummies is taken from the well known series of computer books, and not an insult.

Simple tapped horn

ps. if you can't afford the TB then the Dynaudio is miles more expensive.

Iain.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

Hi,

Tapped Horns for dummies

p.s. use of the word dummies is taken from the well known series of computer books, and not an insult.

ooohhhhhh thats good to know. i thought those book were written just for me ........ "the dummy" !!!  :o

Vikram Joshi

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »

Hi,

Tapped Horns for dummies

Simple tapped horn

ps. if you can't afford the TB then the Dynaudio is miles more expensive.

Iain.

I am from India ,TB is not Expensive , Whats more expensive is the shipping and Import duties, one of diyer here had imported the same TB 6.5" Driver -it cost him 200$ With all Expenses, For same amount a better driver can be purchased.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »

I am from India ,TB is not Expensive , Whats more expensive is the shipping and Import duties, one of diyer here had imported the same TB 6.5" Driver -it cost him 200$ With all Expenses, For same amount a better driver can be purchased.
i understand. i was looking at some rare koni torino front shocks on eaby. the buy it now price was $200.00. the import duties from austrailia was somthing like $500.00. !!! i was blown away ! i didnt buy them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.