ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEXO STM  (Read 13746 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
NEXO STM
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »

Can't wait for this. Is the pendulum swinging?

Points about scalability and versatility are well taken.

http://www.prosoundnewseurope.com/main-content/full/nexo-swiss-army-knife-system-set-for-frankfurt
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Gareth Marsh

Re: NEXO STM
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:54 AM »

http://www.prosoundnewseurope.com/main-content/full/nexo-swiss-army-knife-system-set-for-frankfurt

I was expecting something new in the larger format from them.

Sounds very practical and clever. Not unlike most of their other products.

Looks like the 'new Alpha' and the 'new Geo' could be the same rig... Even if it isn't the same as either.

Gareth

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

More on STM:

http://nexo-sa.com/en/articles/1031/new-concept-for-touring-and-live-events--scale-through-modul/

NEXO is speaking to profitability via modularity.  It's about time someone offered a unique value proposition. For companies which need to scale from street festivals, corporates and one-offs to local shed or arena dates, this is an intriguing system.
It's got electrolytes. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »

More on STM:

http://nexo-sa.com/en/articles/1031/new-concept-for-touring-and-live-events--scale-through-modul/

NEXO is speaking to profitability via modularity.  It's about time someone offered a unique value proposition. For companies which need to scale from street festivals, corporates and one-offs to local shed or arena dates, this is an intriguing system.

I liked this part:  "Its concept combines the best of NEXO Alpha functionality with the technical innovation of NEXO GEO waveguide designs to deliver a system that is both super-powerful, super-flexible and easy to use, and might actually make its owners some money! "

Emphasis added.  YMMV, no animals were harmed...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Louis Castellucci

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »

With the limited information i know about this..  This is a BIG rig.  It should have more total output than anything currently on the market.  To me the question will be if you have the same controllability that the line arrays in general do.  However, whether people agree or not, the big 15" or larger line arrays have "flaws".  I know this is why NEXO generally stays away from the big drivers, especially in top boxes.  If there is software to control the angles, and a way to steer the array, this could be a great alternative for companies...

Dan Brown

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

With the limited information i know about this..  This is a BIG rig.  It should have more total output than anything currently on the market.  To me the question will be if you have the same controllability that the line arrays in general do.  However, whether people agree or not, the big 15" or larger line arrays have "flaws".  I know this is why NEXO generally stays away from the big drivers, especially in top boxes.  If there is software to control the angles, and a way to steer the array, this could be a great alternative for companies...

Agreed, looking forward to it!

db

Franz Francis

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »

Info from Nexo’s rep music will not be played through the demo boxes in Frankfurt.

Franz

eytan gidron

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 05:02:20 AM »

However, whether people agree or not, the big 15" or larger line arrays have "flaws".

Louis,

Can you elaborate on these "flaws"?

Eytan

Louis Castellucci

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 05:20:20 PM »

Louis,

Can you elaborate on these "flaws"?

Eytan

That is a long conversation Eytan.  There was a brilliant PowerPoint i saw that clearly showed and explained them, however, I was never able to get a copy of it.  Basically it has to do with;

A.) Integrated Angles between cabinets
B.) Distance between sound centers vs freq
C.) Drivers not coupling in a plane.

Doug Fowler

• Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:06 AM »

Info now available @

NEXO-sa.com

It's got electrolytes. 

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »

Info now available @

NEXO-sa.com

Looks impressive. I would really like to hear it.
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

David Buehler

• db Production Services LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »

Looks pretty cool!
David Buehler
Owner
db Production Services LLC

Audio - Video - Staging & Roofs - Crewing - Production Management & Design

Michael Wawrzyk

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Has anyone heard this and care to comment?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »

Has anyone heard this and care to comment?

It was released 11 hours ago, what do you think?

Also, full *real* names are required to post to the PSW forums.  A mod will be along to admonish you...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »

Has anyone heard this

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

mark lonow

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 04:26:16 AM »

Info now available @

NEXO-sa.com

lets hope  a 300 box stm rig makes it to  rock on the range  some yearz!!!

bad pick of the stm m28 looks a bit frankenstien
wish i could see a cross section of the top  boxes insides
i cant read there poker face 8)

Adam Rhodes

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »

I have just been using the new Nexo STM on an Australian tour and have loved every minute of it. Although the drive software is still minimal and basically in beta form the PA performed amazingly. The Yamaha 4X4 amp with the cabinet settings are awesome. The digitally controlled gain and array EQ sections make them the most usable amp ever. I ground stacked it each night in several configurations. The first night I stacked them on a high stage with one RS18 sub under 3 M46's & B112 and one RS18 sub on its end beside the stack. I had the bottom two STMs in the standard park position and the top boxes tilted up 5deg. The throw to the back of the room was astounding the clarity in the bottom end was incredible. Even the pan imaging was super fine. I had several members of the crew remark that they were hearing thing they had never heard before.
To get anything out of this crew is amazing, let alone a positive comment.
I have always loved Nexo Alpha and have now found a new favourite stackable PA. Cant wait to fly it. Very much looking forward to the completed software and many more STM gigs. I'ts great to have a versatile and moveable PA that feels like a large ground stack but the sound of a precise array.

Adam Rhodes

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber