ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Sound System for Yoga Studio  (Read 4495 times)

Jim Grieco

Help with Sound System for Yoga Studio
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking a look at this posting. I am no sound expert so forgive me if I describe/explain anything incorrectly.

My wife & I are opening up a yoga studio and will need sound amplification for the yoga room along with music for the locker rooms and lobby.
We will be using a Samson wireless headset for the yoga room while we teach. We also will want to use iPod/CD player/radio for the music.
There are a couple other yoga studios around us and they both do it differently. One studio uses a mixer board and has a separate receiver for the headset and CD player. Both receivers are plugged into the mixer and then each is controlled separately. Headset for the yoga room and music everywhere else. The other studio uses the Nuvo Concerto system. This is really nice because you have the individual control pads for each area and then everything is plugged into the main unit. Of course this system is way over our budget to use.

So with all that said, are there any options in between the 2 I just described?
Here is ideally what we would like:
We will have 4 areas - lobby, locker rooms, office and yoga room. It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth from music to hearing the teacher teach class, while at the lobby or office. The locker rooms will always just have music. Once in a while we may use the yoga room for seminars and having the ability to play music in there would be nice too.

Any ideas/suggestions? At this point I will probably go with a mixer board and 2 receivers like the first studio, unless someone has suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help

Jim

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Help with Sound System for Yoga Studio
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »

Jim....

There are probably other ways to do what you want a la the Nuvo system.  However, your budget is going to have to cover the design, purchase and installation of everything.  When you say you're using Samson wireless it leads one to suspect that you don't like to spend money on quality stuff.

Another issue is the license required for the use of the recorded music.  You can't just use other peoples music and ignore their copyrights.   
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking a look at this posting. I am no sound expert so forgive me if I describe/explain anything incorrectly.

My wife & I are opening up a yoga studio and will need sound amplification for the yoga room along with music for the locker rooms and lobby.
We will be using a Samson wireless headset for the yoga room while we teach. We also will want to use iPod/CD player/radio for the music.
There are a couple other yoga studios around us and they both do it differently. One studio uses a mixer board and has a separate receiver for the headset and CD player. Both receivers are plugged into the mixer and then each is controlled separately. Headset for the yoga room and music everywhere else. The other studio uses the Nuvo Concerto system. This is really nice because you have the individual control pads for each area and then everything is plugged into the main unit. Of course this system is way over our budget to use.

So with all that said, are there any options in between the 2 I just described?
Here is ideally what we would like:
We will have 4 areas - lobby, locker rooms, office and yoga room. It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth from music to hearing the teacher teach class, while at the lobby or office. The locker rooms will always just have music. Once in a while we may use the yoga room for seminars and having the ability to play music in there would be nice too.

Any ideas/suggestions? At this point I will probably go with a mixer board and 2 receivers like the first studio, unless someone has suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help

Jim
Great ideas but honestly man you really need to have someone in the know come down
and see your place and give you ideas on what your options are.   Coming to this forum and expecting someone to design a system for your needs and explain what you need to do for your studio is crazy! 
Breath deep...let it out slow............
Good luck with your project Jim

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.