ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics ProRack House  (Read 6995 times)

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
APB Dynasonics ProRack House
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »

I used the APB ProRack House for the first time this past Saturday (2/11/12). With an audience of approx. 750 people and 16 wireless lavs on sixteen 4th and 5th graders performing in a musical production. I was apprehensive of the results; In the past just tweaking out feedback while maintaining articulate sound quality was my main concern.

Results: Amazing sound quality from the outset with no trace of feedback. The sound system sounded as though cotton had been removed from the speakers. Compliments and questions regarding the audio quality were many:" Why can't we get this sound with our house system? The other company didn't sound this clear. I could understand every syllable my child said." etc. etc.

Observations: The ProRack House is also the most versatille compact board I've had the pleasure of using. It required no external equalization whatsoever and for the most part the board's internal eq was set at 12 o'clock. Although this board is considered a 16 channel unit it can be configured to handle 24 inputs. I welcomed the large, bright mute buttons, 100 mm faders, sturdy construction and intuitive layout.

Thanks APB also for your knowledgeable tech support. I'm certain the Prorack will be used quite successfully with it's sister unit the ProRack Monitor.

Jordan Wolf

Re: APB Dynasonics ProRack House
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »

"I could understand every syllable my child said."

John,

That's one of the best compliments you can receive at an event like that.  Most people go in thinking that they're going to have to pretend they heard their kid - you made it a reality.  Good job!  I'm sure the board helped, but don't discount your own skills, either.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »

I used the APB ProRack House for the first time this past Saturday (2/11/12). With an audience of approx. 750 people and 16 wireless lavs on sixteen 4th and 5th graders performing in a musical production. I was apprehensive of the results; In the past just tweaking out feedback while maintaining articulate sound quality was my main concern.

Results: Amazing sound quality from the outset with no trace of feedback. The sound system sounded as though cotton had been removed from the speakers. Compliments and questions regarding the audio quality were many:" Why can't we get this sound with our house system? The other company didn't sound this clear. I could understand every syllable my child said." etc. etc.

Observations: The ProRack House is also the most versatille compact board I've had the pleasure of using. It required no external equalization whatsoever and for the most part the board's internal eq was set at 12 o'clock. Although this board is considered a 16 channel unit it can be configured to handle 24 inputs. I welcomed the large, bright mute buttons, 100 mm faders, sturdy construction and intuitive layout.

Thanks APB also for your knowledgeable tech support. I'm certain the Prorack will be used quite successfully with it's sister unit the ProRack Monitor.

Ive only had a demo by Chuck,  but I was thoroughly impressed. Those desks are top shelf analog in my book. John, what is the rest of the system?

john sanders

• Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
    • Sonimax Light & Sound
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »

Ive only had a demo by Chuck,  but I was thoroughly impressed. Those desks are top shelf analog in my book. John, what is the rest of the system?

Thanks for the encouraging comments. The rest of the system is quite simple:

speakers: 2 EV SX300PI
center fill: 1 eaw JF60
amps: (2) carver pt1250
compressor: dbx 1066
EQ: Ashly *not utilized*
CD playback: Denon cd & laptop with DA converted USB output.
wireless: Shure uhf U4D used with 6 Shure headset mics, 10 Shure lavs & 1 handheld

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 08:28:56 AM »

Mike,
Some day we should get together and I'll give you mine to use for the gig.

"The sound system sounded as though cotton had been removed from the speakers." was my first impression as well. Incredible board with more routing options than most people ever use.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Guy Johnson

• JohnsonSound
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »

I love my ProRack House. I'll keep this short ...

Sounds become easy to realise; transparent.
Fabulous EQ.
Switchable EQ pre/post monitors.
HPF really useful.
Good long faders.
Big red mute buttons.
Really easy to use this desk.
Loads of line-ins.
20 mic channels in a rack desk!!! (12 mono)
Balanced Aux outputs.
Dimmable 'little-light' power.
Truly movable rear connector panel.

Wishes, but I'm being silly really; this desk is great. anyway...
'in-place' soloing, and more output for 400ohm studio cans (classical recording/live use)
Aux master mutes (soundcheck requests, mostly. Can be done if masters kept at 12 for easy re-setting.

In conclusion, this is the nicest desk I've used apart from a Crest a few years back ... and a funky old Chilton desk with switchable mids (300/3k) and transformer mic pres. But that was a very simple 2 aux machine, and large.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.