ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: d&b support  (Read 11387 times)

Denny Conn

• Hult Center for the Performing Arts
d&b support
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »

As my facility (finally!) gets closer to a  new PA system, I've started looking at d&b.  My big concern is that they're on the other side of the country from us here in Oregon.  I'd like to hear about experiences with support from them in a long distance situation?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: d&b support
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »

As my facility (finally!) gets closer to a  new PA system, I've started looking at d&b.  My big concern is that they're on the other side of the country from us here in Oregon.  I'd like to hear about experiences with support from them in a long distance situation?

If you are talking about d&b audiotechnik speakers, they are a lot farther away than that.

Mac
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:01:10 PM by Mac Kerr »

Denny Conn

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »

They are a lot farther away than that.

Mac

As becomes apparent when you try to work your way through the English translation of their website!  I love the sound of t he systems, but I'm concerned about what happens if we have problems. 

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »

There support is 2nd to none but then we're in the UK.... are there any dealers near you ?

Denny Conn

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »

are there any dealers near you ?

Unfortunately, no.  The only dealers I can find are located diagonally completely across the US.

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »

They are in Ashville, NC, I am assuming that is what he means, Mac.

The shop I work at has never had any issues with them as a company, and everyone I know in the d&b network has been extremely pleased with the support. All of the stuff is pretty user friendly. (unlike their website). You just set the amp up to the right speaker and you go for it. When Someone has messed with the amps on dry rentals and called asking about it, The amp usually goes into protection mode. The system is very well protected. I have yet to see a blown driver. Whatever partner/dealer you purchase from, will most likely be your main source for support.

Tom

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »

Unfortunately, no.  The only dealers I can find are located diagonally completely across the US.

Schubert Systems Group in LA are dealers.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »

Going d&b is a very good move and am sure your get all the support your ever need for them.

Marsellus Fariss

• Grey Eagle Music Hall
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »

I have a couple different friends who drive D&B rigs in the region and neither of them have ever had a driver go. They speak very highly of thier customer support as well. Then again they're right here in town 5 miles down the road. I was really hoping we could get into a D&B rig when we started updating our rig recently but it's like a Lamborgini on a Subaru budget. But I can still drive by the office and gaze longingly.. :'(
Marsellus Fariss
Production Manager
Grey Eagle Music Hall

Ambassador to Clubland
"Welcome to Clubland! Here's a Sharpie and your input list. Its 30 minutes till doors."

Quote from: dick rees
Just accept that it's a crap situation and take the money.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »

I've never been able to blow a d&b driver - ever !

Owen Orzack

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »

Whatever partner/dealer you purchase from, will most likely be your main source for support.

Yes, that is one of the primary roles of a d&b sales partner; they also maintain a certain level of spares to support their customers. In the unlikely (yes, it does occasionally occur) event of components needing to be replaced they are usually sent within 24hrs. There is a 5 year warranty from the date of purchase on all d&b speaker components and electronics. 

No Name

• SR Forums
    • Stage Electrics UK
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »

I've never been able to blow a d&b driver - ever !

I stock D&B kit and have also never been able to blow anything up, however I have seen a few D&B MAX15s with blown drivers, however these have always been powered by non D&B amps. 

Never seen blown drivers when driven by D&B amps.  The amps use sense lines and sophisticated limiters to prevent driver overheating.

Cheers
Adam
Kind Regards,
Adam Finlayson

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »

I stock D&B kit and have also never been able to blow anything up, however I have seen a few D&B MAX15s with blown drivers, however these have always been powered by non D&B amps. 

Never seen blown drivers when driven by D&B amps.  The amps use sense lines and sophisticated limiters to prevent driver overheating.

Cheers
Adam

I've seen one blown HF driver in a C4 cabinet, that's all. Impressive :)

Denny Conn

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »

I've seen one blown HF driver in a C4 cabinet, that's all. Impressive :)

Thanks to all for your info.  It looks like I have a bit more flexibility in my choices than I thought I might.  d&b will certainly be included in my considerations.  And Tom Hester, you are SO right about the website!

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 05:58:35 PM »

Cheers
Adam

Unless you dont have sense lines :(

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »

The sense line is not a protection thing - it's only there for accurate response. The protection is going on in the amp only with a peak limiter to prevent excursion damage and a sophisticated voice coil temperature modeler to prevent heat death. It's almost completely fool proof.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »

ahhh ok .... maybe its Nexo then where the sense drive reads the temp of the voice coil etc - clever either way :)

Ulrich Goebel

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »

The sense line is not a protection thing - it's only there for accurate response. The protection is going on in the amp only with a peak limiter to prevent excursion damage and a sophisticated voice coil temperature modeler to prevent heat death. It's almost completely fool proof.

Correct. Very save and in the most audible way. I know crashes only on the first series of q1.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 03:54:59 PM »

''I know crashes only on the first series of q1''

??????????

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Quoting support
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »

''I know crashes only on the first series of q1''

??????????

Is there a reason you feel it necessary to edit out the quote, and then quote it back in? With most of your one line responses the quote is the only thing that gives them a reference.

Mac

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »

Umm no there isn't i guess its just the way i write but am sure most can understand what am saying....

I'll make sure that from now on i'll quote if replying to a post.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 24 queries.