ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone tried the A&H GLD yet?  (Read 5772 times)

Ben Brunskill

Re: Has anyone tried the A&H GLD yet?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »

Ryan - how did the console feel - good build quality?

How do sends on faders work for running monitors from FOH?

Did you pick up either of the Ethercon reels?  How heavy are they?

Thanks!

Tom, on the iLive, you select a monitor output, and then press the 'mix' button on that same output. Then the channel faders will switch across to feeding that output, instead of the L R mix. It looks to me like the GLD will work the same way.

I'd also be interested in the build quality.

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 01:19:31 AM »

Ryan - how did the console feel - good build quality?

How do sends on faders work for running monitors from FOH?

Did you pick up either of the Ethercon reels?  How heavy are they?

Thanks!

Console felt great.  Seems like a small Ilive.  There are some very minor differences in the preamps.  The sound is suppose to be identical however I was told that in low gain applications the Ilive is a little more accurate.  That was one of the cost saving sacrafices.

I did not pick up the reels with the CAT5 cables but they are small and probably not too heavy.

One of the software parts that wasn't complete when I looked at it had to do with patching an input to two different channel strips.  The button was on the screen but not activated yet.  When I run my monitors from FOH I patch to another layer for the monitors.  This is going to be the easiest console to patch.  Just drag and drop.  As we went through the different screens it was obvious to me that they really thought it through.

Earlier posts in different threads were questioning whether or not there is a DE-Esser.  There was not a De-Esser when we looked at it.  He would not say if one was in the works or not.

The other bummer thing for me is that you need to run two cat 5 cables to get 40 preamps on stage.  I wish that they would address that in the hardware design.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 01:19:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.