ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless DMX  (Read 7799 times)

Scott Hofmann

Wireless DMX
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »

Trying to decide on an inexpensive wireless DMX system. Anyone had good or bad experiences with any of the following: Chauvet D-FI Plus, Blizzard LightCaster or wiCicle, or similar AMDJ units?
Scott Hofmann

DanGlass

Re: Wireless DMX
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »

I have been using the SIRS-e wireless DMX for almost two years now without a single issue.  They sell their own "Wireless DMX Pro" system, 2.4GHZ and it has been working flawlessly.  I have used it in small to large banquet rooms, large clubs, and even in arenas and never even experienced any hesitation.  They sell a pair (one to send and one to recieve) for around $350.00.  granted they are bigger than the ones you asked about but they work perfect.

Steve (Stevie Ray) Kalbach

• Steve Kalbach
    • Stevie Ray Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:06:59 AM »

I have been using the SIRS-e wireless DMX for almost two years now without a single issue.  They sell their own "Wireless DMX Pro" system, 2.4GHZ and it has been working flawlessly.  I have used it in small to large banquet rooms, large clubs, and even in arenas and never even experienced any hesitation.  They sell a pair (one to send and one to recieve) for around $350.00.  granted they are bigger than the ones you asked about but they work perfect.

I have used and love the Lightcaster/Wicicle combo for the past year.  If you plan on purchasing battery operated pucks in the future, They power the Wicicles without the need for an external power supply.
Stephen (Stevie Ray) Kalbach
Owner Stevie Ray Entertainment
http://www.stevierayentertainment.com

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »

Good to know. I forgot to ask about these, so appreciate your response.
Scott Hofmann

Rob Dellwood

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:45 AM »

These show up on ebay from time to time for $139. a pair.   I bought some of these, and they do work fine as intended. 

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »

Trying to decide on an inexpensive wireless DMX system. Anyone had good or bad experiences with any of the following: Chauvet D-FI Plus, Blizzard LightCaster or wiCicle, or similar AMDJ units?

When I was deciding on wireless DMX the main qualification was that it had to have FHSS technology.  I ended up going with the W-DMX micro units.  I'm actually looking to sell them and move to the City Theatrical ShowBaby, only because the ShowBabies are transceivers so I'm not locked in to a set number of transmitter/receiver combination.

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:40 AM »

Hey Thomas, do be aware that you cannot have multiple sets of ShowBaby transceivers used for different universes all in the same room, or in the range of other ShowBaby systems. As soon as one is designated the transmitter, all subsequent ShowBaby devices will connect to it as a receiver. If you set two of them as transmitters, there is no way to designate which transmitter any receiver would actually connect to. This is obviously not an issue with W-DMX units as they  have the link function you are already aware of.
Ray Cerwinski

John Strzalkowski

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »

I was having an issue with the ultra cheap Wireless DMX units from Irradiant that I didn't like and I am wondering how it is with these other cheap wireless units. When the unit lost connectivity (for a half second), the wireless pack would have to be reset in order for my movers to work again (obviously not very cool). This problem scared me off trying out other cheap wireless units, so I have never seen if this problem affects the cheap ones.

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »

Hey Thomas, do be aware that you cannot have multiple sets of ShowBaby transceivers used for different universes all in the same room, or in the range of other ShowBaby systems. As soon as one is designated the transmitter, all subsequent ShowBaby devices will connect to it as a receiver. If you set two of them as transmitters, there is no way to designate which transmitter any receiver would actually connect to. This is obviously not an issue with W-DMX units as they  have the link function you are already aware of.

Wow, thanks, Ray.  How can they not have a link function?  Every single unit is fixed linked from the factory?  That's insane that they would limit their product like that.  Well, thanks for the info, that definitely changes things for me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.