ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement Drivers t36  (Read 12761 times)

Gary

Re: Replacement Drivers t36
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »

I friend just purchased a used small pa system for small events

DBX drive rack pa
1 crown ce1000a
1 crown ce4000
2 Cerwin Vega v-152 tops
2 Cerwin Vega T36-750  ( 8 ohm )

he was told that one of the sub drivers had just been re coned. When we went to purchase the system one of the subs did not work.  The system was still purchased at a discount.  we are uncertain if the damaged sub is the newly re conned woofer,  or more likely the original sub is the one that is now damaged

after inspection of the sub enclosure the wiring was connected correctly , after testing the ohm load it has a .1 reading ( toast )

we have toyed with the idea of only replacing the damaged sub and seeing how the new sub works with the oem sub that still works properly.   I know its not a great idea mixing subs, but if we could find a driver that is very similar, would it be doable  temporarily, until we recoupe some of the money to purchase a 2nd driver.

Can someone recommend some good choices to replace the blown cerwin vega sub woofer ?  -thanks
Hope I'm replying correctly, first time on a forum. The quickest way to verify a burned speaker is simply pushing in & out on the cone. If you feel rubbing it's fried hence the 1 ohm short. Someone mentioned the FH18 woofer. There is actually an American and a Chinese version of that speaker. Same basic parts except a small difference in the voice coil. I happen to have two freshly rebuilt Chinese fh18 8 ohm in stock. The customer left them over 30 days ago so they are now up for sale for to recover repair costs. $140. ea plus shipping. If interested I may be contacted @ [email protected]

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »

Hope I'm replying correctly, first time on a forum. The quickest way to verify a burned speaker is simply pushing in & out on the cone. If you feel rubbing it's fried hence the 1 ohm short. Someone mentioned the FH18 woofer. There is actually an American and a Chinese version of that speaker. Same basic parts except a small difference in the voice coil. I happen to have two freshly rebuilt Chinese fh18 8 ohm in stock. The customer left them over 30 days ago so they are now up for sale for to recover repair costs. $140. ea plus shipping. If interested I may be contacted @ [email protected]
Close, but you need to put your WHOLE name as your display name, including surname.

Pushing in on the cone will check for debris in the voice coil gap, but a speaker can be fried without debris, and a speaker with debris can not be fried. So it's not a good indicator of fried voice coil.

Finally, you may have better luck putting your for sale items in the marketplace, or PMing the user. I don't think its against the rules posting in the thread, but you'll likely get a better response the other way.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.