ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Quick - M7/ SB168SB Patching  (Read 858 times)

Shawn Keck

Need Help Quick - M7/ SB168SB Patching
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »

On a corporate show and need a bit of help. I have a Yamaha M7 with a SB168ES stage box in my main room...I need to drop another box in another room for input/output feeds about 700' away. M7 has 2 cards...here is my problem...I NEED to be able to run box 1 in my room in ring mode for redundancy. Can't be daisy chain. How can I...or can I... patch box 2 directly into the M7. Cant run a return line for ring and need to patch into M7, not stage box 1.

Is that possible?

Collin Donohue

Re: Need Help Quick - M7/ SB168SB Patching
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:45:36 pm »

Not an expert, but some thoughts...

Are both cards MY16-ES64's?  Or is one an ES64 and the other an EX?  If both are ES64's, you should be able to run your in-room box in ring mode and your other box in daisy chain.  If not, I believe the ES64 and EX need to be in the same mode to function.

But you have two larger issues...

If you do have two ES64 cards, and you need to run one card in ring and one in daisy, that means that one of your cards will not have head amp control from the mixer.  You'll have to do it via the Ethersound software (only one serial port on the mixer).

Even bigger issue is that for the most part, you're limited to 100 meters on cable length (give or take a few meters, depending on the cable).  You'll need to put an Ethersound-tested switch in line to extend the signal.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need Help Quick - M7/ SB168SB Patching
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:45:36 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.