ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville UP15 processor opinions  (Read 2007 times)

Deke Lockrem

Yorkville UP15 processor opinions
« on: January 29, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »

So, as you may or may not have read in the other post I made, I decided to try to go back to my DBX234XL crossover with my Yorkville Unity system.

I have been using the UP15 processor since I bought this system and have been running aux fed subs. I decided to try running the system withoug the aux fed subs while I had it set up yesterday and really liked what I heard. But alas, without the aux 6 knob there to increase the sub output, it was a little "thinner" than I am used to. 

So, I switched gears and ran the system through the 234XL. Pretty much exactly the same....a bit thinner than I like, but the overall sound coming from the tops actually sounded better to me. Then, I increased the output gain on the DBX and BAM!....it was great. Nice full mix and I all I had to do was raise the fader.

I guess Im just looking for opinions on the new setup. I really like the fact that I can increase the output gain for the subs to make a nice sub/top sound. But, what am I sacrificing in terms of processing not using the UP15?

ProSoundWeb Community

Yorkville UP15 processor opinions
« on: January 29, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.