ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: building a pair of dual 3015lf OR LAB15 DR boxes to replace pair of NEXO RS subs  (Read 16101 times)

duane massey

If the cabinet can be a true 20" high, I see no reason to avoid 18" woofers. I've built several horns using 18" woofers that were exactly 20" high (using 3/4" baltic). It's certainly tight, but it will work. You might add the new Eminence Impero 18" to your considerations.
http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Impero_18A
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics

Sean, first all, just because two drivers have a same or similar basked and magnet structure/shape, it does not mean they are same. There are many other things that can be different and give totally different results in a given box.
Second thing is that beside the fact that the RS15 can sound good (i have no doubt in this) i am very suspicious about the sensitivity figure since the box is a pure reflex design. Nothing magical inside.
Anyhow feel free to experiment and let us know of the results.

Sean Hennessey

I doubt I'll hit 105 db.  not planning on it...  yes I'm probably ASSuming too much driver wise,  regardless, I'd like to match the *shape* of the response.  still have the nxamp... so if I can at least get close to the published 80hz lopass and 200 hz lopass slopes (regardless of sensitivity, would like over 100db though) I'll be happy.

thats why we model I suppose :)

duane massey

I'm so old I remember when "modeling" was done by buying cheap plywood to build the first prototype...and the 2nd...and the 3rd.....
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Sean Hennessey

oh I doubt this will be a 1 take willy type deal.   Probalby end up building a couple of boxes, or at least building the first box with larger slot ports (and overall larger volume) and adjusting them to taste from there.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.