ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer cx-2310 Crossover  (Read 5774 times)

Johan Carcamo

Behringer cx-2310 Crossover
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »

Hello i am a newbie in sound.I have an issue with the cx2310 .I have two B212XL speakers and I am not getting a good sound out of these speakers.The problem that I am having is that no los frequencies are getting to these speaker at all,I have a Behringer vp1800s sub and i shut down this sub to see if these speakers receive low frequencies ,but no ,and the sound they are receiving is not good.The way I am connecting is as follow:
from a pre-amp I have a rca out to xlr connector ,this connector is going to the input of the crossover .The high out (which is xlr to xlr )is going to a power amp and then to the speakers.I have tested the speakers without going to this crossover and the sound is good.I have also tested the rca to xlr connector and the xlr to xlr connector and both are fine!.
I also noticed I can't use the 2 stereo config,I dont know why I only can use the mono config.I will appreciate all your help.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Behringer cx-2310 Crossover
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »

Hello i am a newbie in sound.I have an issue with the cx2310 .I have two B212XL speakers and I am not getting a good sound out of these speakers.The problem that I am having is that no los frequencies are getting to these speaker at all,I have a Behringer vp1800s sub and i shut down this sub to see if these speakers receive low frequencies ,but no ,and the sound they are receiving is not good.The way I am connecting is as follow:
from a pre-amp I have a rca out to xlr connector ,this connector is going to the input of the crossover .The high out (which is xlr to xlr )is going to a power amp and then to the speakers.I have tested the speakers without going to this crossover and the sound is good.I have also tested the rca to xlr connector and the xlr to xlr connector and both are fine!.
I also noticed I can't use the 2 stereo config,I dont know why I only can use the mono config.I will appreciate all your help.

You spelled Arkutect wrong...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »

I will appreciate all your help.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »

Did you ask the store where you bought the crossover for assistance setting it up?

From your description I'm guessing that you are a DJ, if you can't do this yourself I suggest that you hire someone as your roadie & tech while you concentrate on being the MC and playing music until you educate yourself to the point where you can do it on your own.

Johan Carcamo

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »

Did you ask the store where you bought the crossover for assistance setting it up?

From your description I'm guessing that you are a DJ, if you can't do this yourself I suggest that you hire someone as your roadie & tech while you concentrate on being the MC and playing music until you educate yourself to the point where you can do it on your own.

I am not trying to be a dj ,just trying to make this work for anyone who will use it ,but I mail behringer and I havent receive a n answer.We are building a party saloon for a apartment building,and we want to be setup once and for all.So I tryied to setup and no fortune.So guys if you need more info I will be glad to give it to you .Thanks for your replies

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 05:25:11 PM »

I am not trying to be a dj ,just trying to make this work for anyone who will use it ,but I mail behringer and I havent receive a n answer.We are building a party saloon for a apartment building,and we want to be setup once and for all.So I tryied to setup and no fortune.So guys if you need more info I will be glad to give it to you .Thanks for your replies

Identify all components.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »

he problem that I am having is that no los frequencies are getting to these speaker at all,

It sounds like the crossover is doing exactly what it's designed to do when setup properly. What were you expecting?

duane massey

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »

It sounds like the crossover is not set properly. Do you have any idea how it works? If not, you are not competent enough to do this, so find someone who does to set it up for you. Crossovers are extremely simple devices, especially this unit.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.