ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vga to hd-sdi nearCincinnati  (Read 2095 times)

Bill Hinds

vga to hd-sdi nearCincinnati
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:23 pm »

Anyone know who may have a vga to hd-sdi converter box or a hdmi to hd-sdi converter I can rent asap? Something like one of the blackmagic boxes would work.

Thanks,

Bill

Thomas Lamb

Re: vga to hd-sdi nearCincinnati
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »

There is a VER in Detroit. verrents.com they can overnight one to you. There is also a PRG they may have it too. Sorry I can't help much more than that.

Anyone know who may have a vga to hd-sdi converter box or a hdmi to hd-sdi converter I can rent asap? Something like one of the blackmagic boxes would work.

Thanks,

Bill
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Bill Hinds

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:44:23 pm »

There is a VER in Detroit. verrents.com they can overnight one to you. There is also a PRG they may have it too. Sorry I can't help much more than that.

Thanks.  I will keep them in mind for future.  We went in a slightly different direction to get it taken care of.

Bill

Paul Lipp

• SR Forums
  • around here since 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »

Thanks,

Bill

I would overnight from markertek

I assume you know this, but you will probably need a scaler (if not built in) along with the converter to go form the VGA to SDI resolution.
Also, if going from HDMI to SDI, this isnt hard, especially using dvi to SDI, however if you are attached to a dvd/bluray play, DRM will not passthruough and you wont have a usable signal out of the SDI end.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Bill Hinds

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »

I would overnight from markertek

I assume you know this, but you will probably need a scaler (if not built in) along with the converter to go form the VGA to SDI resolution.
Also, if going from HDMI to SDI, this isnt hard, especially using dvi to SDI, however if you are attached to a dvd/bluray play, DRM will not passthruough and you wont have a usable signal out of the SDI end.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Thanks Paul.  I think I have it taken care of.  Once to SDI it will go to a Axon Media Server.  The Signal will be coming from HDMI or Component from a Satellite TV receiver.  Not sure if I will have an issue with HDCP issues with the HDMI or not so will more than likely be using the Component out.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.