ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody using the Ultimate Pro-SB stands?  (Read 2221 times)

JOSEPH DIXON

Anybody using the Ultimate Pro-SB stands?
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:36:39 AM »

Well, I need to upgrade my mic stands. I've been using Ultimate MC-87's for a long time and almost all the rubber feet have pulled out of the bases and the clutches are starting to mes up. I've been interested in the Ultimate Pro-SB for some time.[/size]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...base-mic-stand I've never used one. I looked over a Pro-SB in a local Guitar Center one afternoon and I loved the feel of the clutch. The "quarter turn clutch" was nice. One of the things that got on my nerves about the MC-87's was the feel of the clutch. It could be hard to turn with sweaty hands. I was also disappointed with how quickly the rubber feet would work their way out of the MC-87 base. So I turned the Pro-SB upside down to take a look at how the rubber feet were seated into the base. I pushed on them and I bet I could've pushed the rubber feet right out of the base if I tried harder.So, to those of you who own Pro-SB's, what do you think of these stands?Have you had any problems with the clutch at all?Have the rubber feet come out of the base?Any other problems or issues?Thanks for your help![/size]

Eric Cole

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
Re: Anybody using the Ultimate Pro-SB stands?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:41 AM »

We had about a dozen of these at these at the student union I worked for in college.  After about a year I would say half of the clutches had broken.  We had a bunch of the boom stands also and you could never tighten them down enough to keep mics from drooping down if you were using one horizontally like you would for a key player.  If you do not lock tight the thread adapter, it will invariably get lost.  Over all I was very disappointed in them.  For a straight stand, I prefer the Atlas MS-12c.  They do not stack, but they are indestructible and will last forever. 
Eric Cole

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »

I prefer the Atlas MS-12c.  They do not stack, but they are indestructible and will last forever.

While Atlas stands are certainly more durable than Ultimate and the ilk, indestructable is a stretch. If a 67 year old woman in 4 inch heels can throw one and shear the threads of the pipe (true story), indestructable it is not.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »

While Atlas stands are certainly more durable than Ultimate and the ilk, indestructable is a stretch. If a 67 year old woman in 4 inch heels can throw one and shear the threads of the pipe (true story), indestructable it is not.
OK, you succeeded in getting me curious. Who is this 67 year old angry singing javelin thrower?

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

OK, you succeeded in getting me curious. Who is this 67 year old angry singing javelin thrower?

PM inbound.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.