ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for inexpensive wireless microphone system  (Read 25587 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Suggestions for inexpensive wireless microphone system
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »

At the low end Ive had very good results with the AKG WMS450 series, with both the D5 and C5 capsules. Research the RF in your area before purchasing and select the band with the most free/quiet space.

I was also impressed with the low end AKG handheld (no idea what capsule) on one show I ran into it. I have no idea how they operate in bunches but for a single MC/announcement mic it worked great.
Jay Barracato

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »

I have had such a great experience with the line 6 stuff that I have been replacing a lot of my Shure ULX with it at a profit no less...

I have set myself up with a Dealer account for Line 6 and can currently hit your budget with the V70 stuff if you are interested hit me up.

jim whitmer

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:51:41 AM »

+1 on the Line 6. In the sound quality department they kill my Senny G3's.

However I'm already having durability issues on week 3 with the plastic end piece. Hopefully they are cheap to replace and/or in redesign or looking at a different type of plastic.

David Hoover

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

I have had such a great experience with the line 6 stuff that I have been replacing a lot of my Shure ULX with it at a profit no less...

I have set myself up with a Dealer account for Line 6 and can currently hit your budget with the V70 stuff if you are interested hit me up.

The line 6 stuff sounds better than the ULX?  I use ULX equipment at one of the venues at work and I think it sounds great.  It's used only for speaking, however.  Compared to a PG wireless, it sounds amazing.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

Looks like the line 6 digital operates in the shared 2.4Ghz band - no traffic issues with hot spots, routers, ipad/itouches, tablets, wifi doohickies?

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »

Looks like the line 6 digital operates in the shared 2.4Ghz band - no traffic issues with hot spots, routers, ipad/itouches, tablets, wifi doohickies?
It works surprisingly well, just don't put the mic right next to your router. In my experience if anything, the mics are fine and the wifi loses. I just ordered a V75 and am very curious to see how that improves things from the V70 I have. Supposedly the big change is less stomping on the wifi.

Mark Gensman

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »

I have two Sennheiser Freeport systems that have been perfectly reliable and well worth the money for several years now. No problems of any kind. One of them replaced a Shure ULX system that died mid gig several years ago and I never bothered to replace it.

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »

The line 6 stuff sounds better than the ULX?  I use ULX equipment at one of the venues at work and I think it sounds great.  It's used only for speaking, however.  Compared to a PG wireless, it sounds amazing.

Yes there is a lot less self noise, it is just cleaner, it is also half of the price new.
 other things to factor in are 7-8 hour battery life on 2 AAs that cost me a total of $0.65 verses $1.05 for a 9V that lasts 6 hours in the ULX your operating costs go down. Also built in antenna distribution and the ability to chain up the power with a simple guitar pedalboard power stringer. They are pretty awesome.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »

The new EV R300 is worth checking out over the samson products. Not as great as the Line 6, but nearly half the cost.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

Riders have a way juggling that logic.

If the rider specifies wireless, what are the chances it will specify an entry-level AKG?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.