ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M88 replacement  (Read 1957 times)

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
M88 replacement
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »

So I'm expecting to blow up my vintage M88 pretty soon, god it sounds great on kick, but I can't imagine it'll make it that far into tour.  I don't particularly like the M88TG, so I figured I'd see if anyone had suggestions for something that's sonically similar... 

If I can find another M88, I'll just get another, they're just hard to come by (probably 'cause assholes like me blow them up).
Ryan John
Product Manager | Avid Live Sound

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: M88 replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »

So I'm expecting to blow up my vintage M88 pretty soon, god it sounds great on kick, but I can't imagine it'll make it that far into tour.  I don't particularly like the M88TG, so I figured I'd see if anyone had suggestions for something that's sonically similar... 

If I can find another M88, I'll just get another, they're just hard to come by (probably 'cause assholes like me blow them up).

I've found the 2 models to sound very, very similar.. to the point that most of my guys can't tell the difference.  What do you hear that sounds different/objectionable?

Also, are you using a foam windscreen on your M-88?  I will help with longevity.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »

The best replacement for an old M88 is a new M88TG.

Sorry, that's just how it is.
Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.