ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Beat Box" Vocal Percussion into a Shure Beta 87A  (Read 10430 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: "Beat Box" Vocal Percussion into a Shure Beta 87A
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »

I don't know if dynamics would sound any better, but they would sure take the punishment better. I would personally never put any condenser microphone into the situation you describe.  A Beta58 capsule would be my choice.

I'd also consider a Beta57a with windscreen.

That said, last time we worked with Toxic Audio (or Vox Audio, same act/diff name), they requested 2 Beta58 and 6 Beta87 wireless.  IIRC the Beta58s were for beatboxing and the 87s were for the singing.

Great bunch to work with, too.  Just remember "since our soprano married the sound guy, she's louder in the mix."

Tim Mc
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:08:07 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chan Xiang Ju

• XJ Audio and Visual Productions
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »

Most beatboxers i meet on this side of the earth prefer the sm58. I personally guess its due to the proximity effect they can use to their "advantage".

The mic selection is really up to style. There are a couple of vocal percussionist whom do request for condenser capsules because they prefer the faster response time from a small diaphragm condenser.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.