Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Road Test

Alto Professional Truesonic TS115A speaker

<< < (3/3)

g'bye, Dick Rees:

--- Quote from: Sean Barry on November 13, 2012, 11:59:14 AM ---Would anyone care to comment if 2 of these and 2 Alto ts sub 18s crossed over at the built in 120 Hz could carry a bar/club of say 200 people with an R&B band, say 103 to 106 db on dance floor directly in front of said band? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

If the band is competent.....

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Sean Barry on November 13, 2012, 11:59:14 AM ---Would anyone care to comment if 2 of these and 2 Alto ts sub 18s crossed over at the built in 120 Hz could carry a bar/club of say 200 people with an R&B band, say 103 to 106 db on dance floor directly in front of said band? Thanks.

--- End quote ---
When you state a needed SPL, you also MUST state the weighting and the time constant-or the answers will vary GREATLY.  So A or C weighting and slow for fast response?

I don't know the answer to the question-using any of the numbers-but you have to start somewhere.  You could easily have a 20dB difference between A slow and C fast.

It DOES matter!

John Moore:

--- End quote ---

Barely, maybe on the low end with the subs, but you will need 4 top boxes in the air to get the spl and coverage you are looking for. We have 2 of the tops and 2 subs and are fairly pleased with them for our rentals

Sean Barry:
The band is very competent, looks like more than me. I use C slow for me and A slow for bar owners. The only meter I have used extensively for SPL readings was a RadioShack SPL meter. I had a Rane 27 band EQ/RTA FOH to set the mains and as an in show crutch.  And a Phonic hand held multi function I used mainly for ringing out mons.
Since doing a few hours of research I have ruled out the Altos at this time. Thanks to John Moore and others

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version