ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alto Professional Truesonic TS115A speaker  (Read 47872 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Alto Professional Truesonic TS115A speaker
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 04:17:06 PM »

Would anyone care to comment if 2 of these and 2 Alto ts sub 18s crossed over at the built in 120 Hz could carry a bar/club of say 200 people with an R&B band, say 103 to 106 db on dance floor directly in front of said band? Thanks.

If the band is competent.....
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »

Would anyone care to comment if 2 of these and 2 Alto ts sub 18s crossed over at the built in 120 Hz could carry a bar/club of say 200 people with an R&B band, say 103 to 106 db on dance floor directly in front of said band? Thanks.
When you state a needed SPL, you also MUST state the weighting and the time constant-or the answers will vary GREATLY.  So A or C weighting and slow for fast response?

I don't know the answer to the question-using any of the numbers-but you have to start somewhere.  You could easily have a 20dB difference between A slow and C fast.

It DOES matter!
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
Alto Professional Truesonic TS115A speaker
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »

Barely, maybe on the low end with the subs, but you will need 4 top boxes in the air to get the spl and coverage you are looking for. We have 2 of the tops and 2 subs and are fairly pleased with them for our rentals
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Sean Barry

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 05:09:48 AM »

The band is very competent, looks like more than me. I use C slow for me and A slow for bar owners. The only meter I have used extensively for SPL readings was a RadioShack SPL meter. I had a Rane 27 band EQ/RTA FOH to set the mains and as an in show crutch.  And a Phonic hand held multi function I used mainly for ringing out mons.
Since doing a few hours of research I have ruled out the Altos at this time. Thanks to John Moore and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 05:09:48 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.